𝔾𝕒𝕞𝕖 𝕆𝕟 𝕎𝕚𝕥𝕔𝕙

ONCE the showdown between the Mikaelsons and Dahlia ended, Elijah ushered Nathaniel back to the compound, but only long enough to stuff a bag before they rushed over to Algiers. The new non-magical safe house spelled by Josephine LaRue was now fully functional. It happened to be in an abandoned jazz club called the St. James Infirmary. While Nathaniel ran around with Klaus and Davina to find a way to stop Dahlia, Marcel moved Hayley, Hope and Andrew there, along with many of the Crescent wolves.

The Marshall-Kenner woman kept her attention on either her daughter or her pack. Hayley tried to appear concerned for Nathaniel anymore like they use to, but her gaze never remained on Nathaniel for longer than a few moments. Her mind seemed to be occupied with something else, which was understandable, until Nathaniel noticed her eyes darted over to each and everyone of her wolves when they entered the building. He had a feeling something was up. He just did not know what.

Near noon the next day, Nathaniel louged behind the long bar situated at the back of the main room. He leaned against the chair and sat in and watched Hayley as she hung up her call with Elijah.

Apparently, Dahlia had gotten in Josephine's head with her powerful magic and sent the Mikaelsons a message. They had until the next night, then she would come for Andrew and Hope. Rebekah also decided to text her best friend that Klaus decapitated the woman when she entered their home. Which was not surprising for him.

Nathaniel remained at the bar for so long that he began to think the rest of the temporary residents of St. James Infirmary had forgotten about him. Or at least, forgotten about his current location. He rested his head against the wall behind him and listened to the various conversation that went on around him.

Hayley and Jackson huddled together most of the time and talked in hushed tones. They would stand in a corner where they thought no one would stop them and talk back and forth, glancing around the make sure no one hear them.

Even the rest of the Crescent wolves seemed to have their own soft spoken communication amongst one another.
Nathaniel found the entire thing suspicious, especially when Aiden entered the building, speaking a little louder than the rest of his pack mates. During the other times that they were whispering Nathaniel didn't really listen until something caught his attention.

"Let me do it," Aiden voiced, peeking Nathaniel's interest. He, Hayley, and Jackson were stood around Hope and Andrew playpen that they had taken to sleeping in most of the day. Their conversation barely got above a whisper, until that moment. "Look, whatever it is, it's my fault you didn't get away yesterday."

Nathaniel's brows furrowed. Get away? What the hell was he talking about?

Jackson shook his head. "No, that wasn't your fault, Aiden."

Aiden stared at his Alpha in a slight anxious manner. "Please, just give me a chance to make it up to you," he pleaded.

Jackson exchanged a look with Hayley. The two having a silent conversation, before they turned back to the other man. They both nodded, allowing Aiden to depart from the building.

Nathaniel's eyes narrowed between the newly wed couple. More red flags. He pushed himself from his chair and moved out from behind the bar.

"Where's he going? I'm asking nicely." He questioned as he approached Hayley.

Hayley and Jackson were a bit startled by his sudden appearance, but they quickly covered it up. The Marshall-Kenner woman turned to the Original, releasing a somewhat reluctant sigh.