𝕆𝕟 𝕋𝕙𝕖 ℝ𝕦𝕟

IT TOOK Nathaniel awhile to figure out what he wanted to do for the remainder of the night. He thought about seeking out Davina to see if the young witch can help out. But, he decided against it as the moon rose higher in the sky. He figured that she had time to devise a plan. As much as he hated to think it, he knew that Dahlia would go after Andrew.

She had been "promised" the firstborn by Esther over a thousand years ago, and Nathaniel doesn't want his son to be what some considered a consolation prize. That would give Hope at least a few hours extra to run if they needed too.

Nathaniel set up shop in a room at the Palace Royale Hotel with Andrew. He made sure to not use his real name. An extra precaution when Elijah and Rebekah began to look for him, like he knew they would, if only to subdue him like Klaus or to keep him under lock and key like Hayley. He was not too fond of either option.

The alone time left him with time to contemplate the last few days in vivid detail. Nathaniel started thinking about Aiden had been killed, Klaus's siblings stabbed him with a dagger and an aunt that was promised both Mikaelson children. Nathaniel just kept thinking about everything that has happened. How could Elijah and Rebekah possibly think that daggering their brother at that given point and time was a good idea?

Klaus's daughter and son are in danger of being taken by a creepy, old witch that wanted to use their power for her own. Did they not care, or did they simply refuse to acknowledge their brother as a competent enough father?

Nathaniel refused to even think about it more. The more he questioned it the angrier he became, and he did not need to be distracted for the sake of his innocence son. He had to figure out how to take down Dahlia to save Andrew and Hope. No one seemed to have a plan of action, and he would be damned if he allowed that ancient bitch to win.

The next morning, Nathaniel decided that he would do a bit of recon. He needed to know what everyone would be doing, considering they all seemed to have their own agenda. And while he knew he should just run as far away from New Orleans as he could, he would not be Hayley and abandon the people that helped them for so long. At least, he was not about to abandon Klaus.

Dressed in warm clothes, Nathaniel exited the hotel with his son. And while he believed Dahlia would stay true to her word and wait until nightfall, he needed to be ready for any sort of altercation.

With the assumption that Hayley and Jackson had already fled with Hope, Nathaniel chose to see the one person that he could turn to without some kind of retaliation. He pulled his jacket tighter around his torso to warm both himself and Andrew and adjusted his beanie as he approached the front entrance of Rousseaux's. He knew that Cami would be there. She always worked on Wednesdays.

Nathaniel pulled open the glass door and expected to find the blonde behind the bar, but he found no one in sight. He figured that the woman must have been in the back, so he would wait at the bar.

But when he heard the door open once more, Nathaniel was quick to put an invisibility spell around both of them. He listened closely and heard someone move through the restaurant, while someone else emerged from the backroom.

"I left you a dozen messages!" the voice of Cami O'Connell exclaimed from behind the bar.

The other visitor sighed. "Family crisis."

Nathaniel nearly groaned softly when he recognized the voice as Elijah. He really was not in the mood to deal with him. He kept both himself and Andrew quite so they would not know he was close to them.