ℂ𝕣𝕒𝕫𝕪 𝔼𝕩-𝔾𝕚𝕣𝕝𝕗𝕣𝕚𝕖𝕟𝕕

NATHANIEL'S EYES fluttered open when he felt someone shaking his shoulder. He groaned loudly, stretching his arms out in front of him and the rubbed his face. He blinked rapidly to find Hayley leaning over him with an amused smile on her lips.

"Hey, Hales. What's up?" Nathaniel questioned, pushing himself up from where he lay across the couch without dropping his son.

Hayley chuckled as he stood up. "Why are you asleep on my couch?"

Nathaniel sat up with his son. "I had nowhere else to go, so I decided to take a nap here," he said, until he noticed his friend's expression fall and put his son with Hope. "Alright, what did I miss?"

Hayley pressed her lips together. "Rebekah's missing," she stated, causing the original's eyes to widen. "The Strix got to her before she could leave."

Nathaniel leapt to his feet and exclaimed, "And no one decided to call me? I could've helped! I could've done something!"

"Freya's working on trying to find her, but there's nothing we can do," Hayley explained in a calm manner. "At least for now. Just go back to the compound and get some sleep. Thanksgiving is tomorrow, and I'm sure Elijah and Klaus are going to be up to something."

Nathaniel released a long breath. "Fine, fine. I'll go handle the Mikaelson brothers," he said. "Seems like that's my job now."

"Well, they do listen to you." Hayley shrugged.

Nathaniel scoffed. "Yeah, when they want to," he said and glanced back to his friend. "Anyway, I'll see you later." He made his way over to the front door, but not before he heard Hayley call out to him.

"Don't let them kill each other!"

"Yeah I know... take care of my son Hales, he is one side of my heart and I can't lose him."

Hayley nod with a smile then watched Nathaniel sped away.

When Nathaniel made it back to the compound, he found Klaus and Elijah amidst another argument. The older Mikaelson found Aurora inside the home, which had been the main reason for the fight. Nathaniel did not know why, considering he knew that the woman was there. Maybe Elijah thought that his brother cheated on him. He had no idea.

Nathaniel then learned about the brothers plan to invite their enemies over for a Thanksgiving dinner. He knew that the entire thing would end in disaster. So he was not about to stay in the home with the three of them there.

The next day, the courtyard was covered in orange, red, and yellow flowers. Lights were strung up around the space, while various lanterns gave he room a warm fall feel. A long table had been set up with several platters of food and many bottles of alcohol. At the sight, Nathaniel hated that he would miss the entire affair. But he did manage to swipe a few turkey sandwiches and a blood bag before he headed out.

During the dinner, Nathaniel spent his time at his favorite music store a few blocks away from the compound. He ordered coffee and listened to the music by himself as he got checkup texts from Hayley. His friend relay everything that would happen in the home as they interrogated the three vampires. Lucien admitted to committing the gruesome murders around the city and conspiring against Klaus and Elijah. Aurora admitted to kidnapping Rebekah and dropping her body at the bottom of the ocean.