𝔽𝕠𝕣 𝕋𝕙𝕖 ℕ𝕖𝕩𝕥 𝕄𝕚𝕝𝕝𝕖𝕟𝕟𝕚𝕦𝕞

IN THE SECOND level study of the Mikaelson Compound, Freya Mikaelson sat at the desk with a sheet of paper spread out in front of her. She had a pen in her hand and proceeded to write out a letter addressed to her younger sister, Rebekah.

"My dear Rebekah,
I hope this finds you well. I write to offer an update and ask for your advice. Our brothers remain at odds. Klaus will never apologize -not for the blood he's shed, nor the suffering Hayley continues to endure -and Elijah can never forgive him. Despite my efforts, we are a house divided. Which is not to say I have no good news... Niklaus kept his word -Marcel controls the Quarter. There, he has founded a fight gym in the old St. Anne's Church where he tests the mettle of those who wish to join his vampire community. Elijah has begun joining him for sparring. I believe it helps him work through his anger -and he has much anger.

While Hope continues to flourish, it is clear she misses her mother. Though Niklaus remains the doting father, he has been of no help in finding a cure for Hayley's curse. Despite mine, and a reluctant Nathaniel's, best efforts, we've yet to find the means to undo the spell placed on her and the Crescent wolves, and Hayley herself continues to struggle, unable to see her child except for the one night a month during the full moon. Her friendship with Nathaniel remains strained, causing both of them much grief. I just hope they will be able to put this behind them, for both their sakes. And we're in not position to ask for outside help -Davina's rage at our family has only grown. And, as Regent of all covens, she is far too formidable to be swayed.

Meanwhile, Niklaus and Nathaniel have been taking care of Andrew together. They still haven't gotten married after everything that has happened and I'm pretty sure that won't until we are all together once again without any drama. Elijah claims it has been a long time coming, so I shall accept this new development with open arms. I can tell he brings out the best in our brother. He has also insisted that Niklaus start seeing Cami for what he likes to call 'little talks'. Klaus claims a desire to amend his ways. In truth, he seems utterly free of remorse -which only drives Elijah further away.

I wonder if you would write me with any advice you have on how to heal their fractured bond.
Until then, I remain your loving sister, Freya."

Freya set down her pen after she finished the letter. She picked up the paper and examined it, before she proceeded to crumple it up in her hands. Her eyes closed as she began to mutter a spell under her breath. She tightly clasped her hands around the letter then opened them to reveal the paper no longer in her grasp.

Three months had passed since the spectacular defeat of the Mikaelsons' Aunt Dahlia. Three months was all it took for everyone's lives to change, Nathaniel Black's especially. The original watched all those months ago as everything shifted around him. Relationships were broken, shattered to only small slivers of what they used to be. People were hurt, and others lost the lives that once knew. Nothing seemed to be the same. Nothing at all.

Nathaniel went through the motions on most days, trying to navigate his new found freedom. There was a support of peace in his life for awhile. Even the murderous Mikaelson family members were put to rest.

Around him, the Mikaelson family had their own issues they had to work out. Klaus and Elijah do not speak to each other since the night Dahlia was vanquished. And if they do, the only thing heard throughout the home was heated arguments and pointed insults. Hayley and the Crescent wolves were still cursed to only become human on the full moon. While Freya, well, she seemed to be the relatively normal person in the whole bunch, aside from her need to push her brothers together every chance she got.