𝕋𝕙𝕚𝕟𝕘𝕤 𝔸𝕣𝕖 ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕘𝕚𝕟𝕘

NATHANIEL COULD NOT think, could not sleep. One solitary thought remained in his mind from the moment the witch, what the witch told him.

Nathaniel fought over what the witch Alexis had told him. They already had so much on their plate. The possible predicament could push that to a whole new level.

Although, his thoughts would have to be pushed to the back burner. Nathaniel had to hold down the fort while everyone proceeded with their own business. Hayley and Jackson had to help Davina, part of the agreement they concocted when the young witch held a magic candle that prevented their Crescent curse at bay. Elijah and Klaus went off to find their newest enemy, Aurora. Apparently, the past love of Klaus's life had arrived to New Orleans and wanted to meet. Her invitation, a dead woman laying in a patch of lavender flowers. Talk about crazy.

With so much going on, Nathaniel offered to look after Hope and Andrew for the day. Freya was supposed to help, but he gave the woman the day off. Freya always looked after the child when things got hectic. She deserved a day off from toddler duty.

Nathaniel watched over the kids in the vacant Mikaelson Compound. The little girl played with her brother and with their various toys on the floor, ran around the room with their newfound skill of walking, and watched old television shows on the original's laptop. Dragon Tales and Rolie Polie Olie were top choices.

When Hope and Andrew finally fell asleep during the move Tangled, Nathaniel set the sleeping child in the playpen next to the couch. Then went to get something to eat or at least get some blood in his system. When he heard Hope and Andrew crying, he sped towards the children.

Nathaniel moved over to the playpen and found Hope and his son sat up with tears in their eyes. "Hey there, sleepyheads," the original cooed as he leaned down and picked up the Hope and used his magic to make Andrew float to calm him down. "And here I thought you two would actually stay asleep this time." He bounced Hope up and down, rubbing small circles over her back while also focusing his magic on his son. He continued the motion, even when the sitting room door was pulled open and Hayley made her way inside.

Little conversation had been held between the two since the Crescent wolves were gifted their human bodies back for longer than the full moon. Nathaniel actually did his best to avoid Hayley. He never decided if he were still mad at the woman. Well, he had been, at first. Now, he was not so sure. There was just so much going on around them that a petty fight about Hayley running off with her husband and wolves did not seem so important. Nathaniel missed his friend.

Hayley smiled lightly when she saw her daughter then looked at Andrew floating. "How was she?" she asked, making her way over to them.

"Good. She just woke up, should go back to sleep if you try to put her back down," Nathaniel told her.

Hayley smile grew. "Well, she does love spending time with her Uncle Nate," she said, before a sigh slipped through her lips, "Look, Nate..."

"I'm sorry," Nathaniel interrupted, causing Hayley's gaze to snap toward him. "I -I've been ignoring you, and I -I just didn't know what to say, okay? I was pissed, so pissed, and now I don't know what I am anymore, but..."

"No, I'm sorry," Hayley cut him off. "I shouldn't have just left without telling you, or even left at all without you. You're my friend, Nate, and you being there for me means more to me than anything else in the world."