Old Sparks

It's Monday morning, 7:00AM, the sun rising and reflecting through the private and gorgeous hotel room window of The Four Seasons Hotel on 60 Yorkville Ave in Toronto. I woke up, showered and brushed my teeth; I looked into the closet and grabbed a pair of beige with white thin stripes trousers from TopMan with a brown leather belt from Louis Vuitton, a white cashmere turtleneck sweater from Club Monaco that I tucked into my pants, for shoes I decided to wear a pair of caramel brown Chelsea boots in the colour Cognac from Tom Ford. I did my makeup which is pretty standard (Primer, Foundation, Concealer, Powder, Contour, Bronzer, Highlight, and Setting Spray).

I grabbed my white women's Double Breasted Wool and Cashmere Coat from Balmain and a tote handbag from Louis Vuitton (Sac LV Riverside in Damier Ebene Canvas in the colour Beige Namibie); followed by a pair of brown aviator sunglasses from Louis Vuitton as well and off I went to go out for brunch to Cibo Wine Bar on 133 Yorkville Ave with my parents and Blair. 2 hours pass, followed by a ton of laughs and memories were made at the restaurant; I decided to do some shopping on Bloor Street because the whole time I was at the restaurant with my family, in the back of my mind all I kept thinking about was Miles.. wondering on how he is doing, how was Yale, and a whole bunch of other questions such as feelings. He was my first ever crush and although I was happy that I will never see him for a while due to him going to school far away, a part of me just missed him and the joy he brought me whenever him and I see each other.

A little history about Miles is: he's actually from Toronto but moved to New York with his parents and little brother and sister at only 3 years old due to a new job promotion his dad got. His dad is George Hollingsworth; an outstanding lawyer working at Alston & Bird who got the promotion to partner in the law firm along side his best co-worker and cousin Jasmine Marin. He and Jasmine changed the name of the law firm from Alston & Bird to Hollings & Marin; then comes George's wife and Mile's mom who is Roxy Hollingsworth. She is #1 Real Estate Broker in New York City, and #4 in the world; working at Douglas Elliman in the Senior Management Team which focuses on international sales, new developments and re-sales throughout Manhattan. Just like how my parents were stern about education, his parents were the same; Miles was a troubled kid before I met him, meaning he would act out to his parents before he met me. He was "tough and mean" all throughout school until he met me in grade 4, and then when him and I first started talking.. I somehow became a positive influence towards him, he would do better in school, be nicer to his parents, and overall just be a kind-hearted respected guy that I saw in him deep down to this day.

Now I finished explaining more about Miles, let's go fast forward to today. I started to head into Cartier to look at their new collection called "Panthere de Cartier" and I bought a new bracelet in white gold with diamonds, emeralds and onyx, as soon as I head out of Cartier suddenly some idiot bumped into me because he obviously can't realize that you are supposed to see where you are going. "Oh sorry, are you okay? I didn't mean to hurt you if I did." that innocent response and I immediately lifted my head up after picking up my sunglasses from the ground, and then it was HIM!! Him meaning Miles Hollingsworth, he looked at my face with his cheeks blushed red and smiled, "Mason? Mason Hastings?! It's me Miles.. I missed you so much." as soon as he said that, I immediately hugged him so tightly as I haven't seen him for about 3 years since I graduated early from Trinity. "Aw Miles, I missed you too! What are you doing in Toronto?" I said smiling with burst of joy, "I'm staying with my Aunt Jane for the summer, you?" Miles says, "I'm on vacation with my parents and Blair, we needed a break from our work lives.". Making Miles present a cute smirk and says "work lives? What are you doing for work?", I laugh nervously as I'm wondering on what he'll think about my job as Editor-in-Chief.

"I'm the new Editor-in-Chief at Vogue Magazine in New York, I was an assistant to my former boss Anna Wintour for the past 11 months and she retired and gave me her position as the new Editor-in-Chief for Vogue, I've been working as editor for the past 4 months now." After I said that to Miles, my heart began to start beating really fast and I can feel my anxiety starting to rise very slowly but can easily control it. "OH MY GOD SERIOUSLY??! Mason that is amazing! You stuck to your instincts and went for your dreams, I am very proud of you." as Miles starts to show the biggest smile that I've ever seen in my life, glittering and shimmering as the Eiffel Tower in Paris and as a beautiful 4-carat diamond ring from Tiffany's. As my feelings for him felt more confusing from when we last saw each other, I said back to him "Aw thank you so much, it's a big position to fulfil but I've been following my instincts on how to make my own stance as editor. How are you doing? How is your family?" Miles started to look down at the ground nervously and blanked out on how to respond to my very simple question, I said his name again and he said "Oh sorry, I just got mesmerized staring at your beautiful eyes. My family is doing well, mom always asks about you to be quite honest, she's quite busy working and my dad is the same. My brother Nate is about to head into grade 10, while my sister Elena is about to head into grade 12. I finished my last semester of writing at Yale, the graduation ceremony is set on hold due to some people needing extra credits in order to make it to the ceremony. How are your parents and Blair doing?" Miles says, I then start to think in my head; is he trying to flirt with me again? Has he figured out all along my feelings for him or is he making a joke out of it all?

Confused my mind is at that very moment after what Miles said back to me, I then go on and say to him "Oh stop my eyes are not that pretty! I miss your family, they were like my second family to confide anything too when I got into a heated argument with my parents based on my education. My mom is busy as she always is working in her company, and dad is hardly ever able to spend time with me due to him getting dragged into last minute surgeries at the hospital, Blair is doing okay. She's in her last year at NYU, still trying to convince mom to hand over the company to her. Blair misses you as well as my parents. I'm sorry I left abruptly without saying goodbye." I responded back to him with so much anxiety swishing all over my body and my mind. Miles then says "That's unfortunate that your dad still doesn't spend time with you that much, good for Blair wanting to strive to take over your mom's company. I admit, I was a jerk to you before you finished school a lot earlier than me, but it's okay. I knew you were going to do amazing things in the Fashion career. This may sound sudden and I totally understand if you have plans with Blair and your parents later throughout the day... would you like to go grab a coffee with me? There's a coffee shop just on the other side of Bloor Street, it's called 5 Elements." he smiles looking directly into my eyes, that look hoping that I would be able to say yes.

"Ya it's okay, it's just my complicated relationships with my parents like throughout the years, umm sure! I'd love to grab a coffee with you, I know the coffee shop cause the Housewives of Toronto went to that coffee shop during filming, what time would you like to meet up?" I responded back, blushing so bright that I cannot think of what am I doing at the moment, I catch my breath and just relaxed. "How about right now? I can see you bought something nice at Cartier, you can finish your shopping after coffee, and I'll pay." he half smiled and laughed at the same time, waiting to hear my answer. "Ya sure, we have lots to talk about Miles.. I bought something nice for myself after a stressful few months of work, never got to take the time to shop for myself yet since taking Anna's position." I crossed my arms presenting a sassy facial expression trying to hold myself together, "What would we be talking about Mason?" trying to grab my hand to hold onto, as soon as I saw Miles do that.. I smacked it and told him to not do that. "Miles, we need to talk about us. I don't know if I can keep pretending this feeling I'm trying to show you in your eyes that I do not care about you anymore, if you are ready for a serious talk, then let's go. Also, I want a Matcha Green Tea Latte." I said to him, as nervous and paranoid I am, this could be the time where Miles may admit to my feelings or something else he may want to talk about.

So, I walked along side with Miles.. as happy as I am seeing him again, I'm scared on what he'll say! Those kisses we shared over the years, was it all a joke? Or could he finally admit it and we can have a serious conversation about it once and for all after 3 years of not seeing each other and keeping in contact. Whatever he wants to say, I'm all for it. And if he still doesn't admit it, then I'll call him out because enough is enough. I need my answers about what's happening between us.