The First Big Argument

It was the day before Miles and I head to London for spending time together without turning into a work thing. Currently it's 6:00AM and I was about to leave the apartment lobby to head into the car for an early work meeting for 7:30, until my phone started to ring and it's a call from my first assistant Sandra so I answered the call; "Sandra this better be an emergency for your call as I'm about to head into a meeting with Donatella." I say to her in a sarcastic tone because I could really care less on what Sandra has to say, "Mason, your trip with Miles is turning into a work thing." she says, I roll my eyes and start to get annoyed. "Why? What's happening in London for work? And how long is this work thing going to be for?" I answered back, taking a deep breath while taking a couple of sips of my coffee hoping it's not going to ruin me spending time with him during the whole 2 weeks were in London for; "It's for the whole trip you're there with him.." she says quietly, I begin to start yelling at her; "Sandra, why in the hell is this happening? And the fact you are telling me this now right before I head into a meeting, what is this for?" I snapped at her on the phone, "You have to go into Harrods to have meetings continuously with Fendi, Dior and Chanel's social media managers to attend work events for you to see an exclusive sneak peek for special pieces for A/W collection. Then you have to meet with the creative director of Louis Vuitton Women's Nicolas Ghesquiere for a private event at the Louis Vuitton flagship store in Paris followed by heading into the Hermés flagship store in Paris for another private event and then you have a work dinner with Christian Louboutin and the editor of British Vogue because the editor is wanting an exclusive interview with you on what a week in your life is like as editor in American Vogue." Sandra says.

I then start to clench my left fist to channel my anger because I don't want to lose my frustration on Donatella when I have to meet with her in 45 minutes; "Look Sandra, I don't have time to deal with your stupidity and lack of memory that my trip to London was not supposed to be work related.. so just R.S.V.P to everything you mentioned and DO NOT call Miles about this, I will tell him after my meeting. After my meeting with Donatella, I have to attend another meeting with Olivier Rousteing that will be at least an hour and a half, so make room for around noon to 1pm for a lunch date with Miles at Eleven Madison Park on Madison Ave so get me a reservation for noon at that restaurant. That's all." I replied back to her and hung up the phone with her, I arrived at the Plaza Hotel to head into The Champagne Bar for my meeting with Donatella to talk about her exclusive fashion show that is taking place in December to donate proceeds to homeless shelters. The meeting lasted for about 3 hours, her and I walked out of the hotel and gave each other a hug, it's now 10am and I have to head to Trump Tower to see Olivier at Trump Grill to talk about him collaborating with Donatella to join the show with her to support the cause; It's now 11:30 and the meetings were successful! They both are collaborating to host an exclusive private fashion show to donate money to homeless shelters that will be taking place in December at Madison Square Garden.

I head into the car and tell Alberto to take me to Eleven Madison Park on Madison Ave to have lunch with Miles and to attempt on telling him about the changes in the schedule for our trip. I walked out of the car to head into the restaurant, trying to get through the press and hearing them ask questions about my relationship with him, Mariah, my family and work stuff. I luckily made it through the crowd and arrived at the restaurant and looked around the restaurant to see if Miles has arrived or not; The door behind me to get into the restaurant opened and I felt arms touching my waist, he just arrived, "Hey babe, I'm glad you took time out of your busy work day today to plan this lunch date." says Miles, as he kissed my left cheek gently and he grabs my right hand as we are walking to our table with the window viewing the street. We ordered some coffee to come to the table because I need to have some strong espresso in my system to be prepared to tell him that most of the trip will be work related. I took a couple sips of my coffee and then suddenly I felt my hands were shaking, he sees my hands shaking and he grabs them to hold them; "Babe, you okay? Your hands are shaking so I know something is bothering you, and don't lie to me." says Miles, "Miles, it's about our trip." I reply back feeling so nervous that I feel tears were about to come down from my eyes.