You Can't Brunch with Us

The sun started to rise at 6:00am in Toronto, I woke up immediately so I can start to get ready for Miles and I can head into Muskoka to look at the cottage on Lake Joseph Rd for 9:00AM so we can get back into the city just in time for our brunch date with Roxy, Ann and Grego. I got my makeup done and hair styled, finally chose an outfit which was; a navy blue with white thin pinstripes 3-piece suit from Tom Ford with black "Dandelion" leather loafers from Christian Louboutin, with a white women's Double Breasted Wool and Cashmere Coat from Balmain, followed by having my navy blue cashmere reversible scarf from Louis Vuitton with my Hermés Kelly Handbag in 35cm in Black Epsom Leather in Palladium Hardware in the Sellier Shape. 

It's now 7:30am; as I was walking towards the car holding hands with Miles, my phone starts buzzing and it's a text message from Roxy letting me know that she is excited for brunch at 12:45pm; I'm feeling excited as well because this may be the first time meeting with a girlfriend that there is no drama interrupting my bonding time with Roxy, an hour and a half goes by and we arrived safely in Muskoka on Lake Joseph Rd to this STUNNING 8,500 square feet home that has; 10 bedrooms, 8 bathrooms that has over 10,000 square feet of space that includes a guest cabin, lake house, and boathouse. It's also on a 2.8 acre lot 200ft private shoreline with many outdoor gathering areas. We finally finished touring the cottage with real estate agents Maryrose Coleman, Ross Halloran and Roger Kolbuc; we were explaining to them that this place would be perfect for family gatherings since Miles has a huge family that are located in Toronto and the GTA area, it would also be amazing to stay here whenever I retire from working tremendously at Vogue years down the road. They told us the price which was $6,995,000 and too be honest, I think that is worth the money on this property because it will be amazing for celebrations with the family plus we can invite my girlfriends to come here as well; we talked about it for an hour and we decided to make a full-ask offer in all cash and 30 day close.

The agents said they will contact us when they get a response from the sellers, as we were on our way back to the city to head to this cute coffee shop called "nutbar" on 1240 Yonge Street in Summerhill Garden, my phone decides to starts ringing and it's a phone call from Roxy. "Hey gorgeous, are you on your way?" says Roxy, I look at my watch and it's 11:45am; "Hey babe, ya Miles and I are heading to the coffee shop right now, we're on our way back from Muskoka because we had an early preview of the cottage on Lake Joseph Rd, and we put it a full-ask offer and currently waiting for the agents to get back to us on what the sellers say." I replied back to her, "Oh my goodness, Mason congrats!! I have a feeling that you and Miles will get the property, I saw the photos that you sent to me and the place looks STUNNING!! Perfect for gatherings with his family and the girls coming to visit." says Roxy, "That's what I was thinking too, traffic seems to be normal we took the 407 to come back into the city because traffic on the 401 is insane right now babe, and it's a Sunday hahah. I'll shoot you a text when we get there safely okay?" I replied back to her, "Yes that's all good for me honey, tell Miles that I say hello and cannot wait to see you both for brunch, love you." says Roxy, "Love you too, bye." I replied back to her, I hung up the phone and started to rest my head on his shoulder and looked at my phone and it's a text from Kara!

My chest starts to ache in pain because I'm very concerned and confused on why she would text me, "What's wrong babe? What did Kara say?" says Miles, I showed him the text; "Hi Mason, I didn't know that you were in Toronto right now; would love if we get together to chat, take care soon. Kara" I begin to start getting anxious on why she wants to meet and what she wants to talk about, Miles begins to kiss my hand, "Babe, it's okay. I'll come with you to meet with her if that will make you feel better, unless you want her to come to our apartment so I could technically be near you but not intrude on the conversation between the two of you." says Miles, "Thank you, maybe it would be best for her to come over to the apartment since she hasn't seen it yet. I could arrange the other girls to swing by too so we could have brunch at our place, so then at some point I could pull Kara aside to chat with her privately to discuss on what she wanted to talk about, maybe it's the apology for what she said 6 months ago." I replied back to her, "You never mentioned her in the years I've known you and since we started this relationship, is she a bad influence or something babe?" says Miles, "I was staying at The Four Seasons Hotel with my parents and Blair because we were on vacation for Blair's birthday; I decided to head out to Brunch at The Cactus Club Cafe with Roxy, Ann, Grego and Kara. We were having a fun time chatting and Kara and I were getting to know each other a bit since she was new to the group, she started to ask me about my job (I just got the promotion to Editor in Chief at this point but had an immense amount of orientation stuff).