Leilanis first birthday

Hannas POV
"Good morning beautiful" luke said walking in the room with coffee in his hand. "Good morning" I said sitting up. "How'd you sleep" he asked sitting down next to me. "Good you" I asked. "Felt good to sleep in" he said. "Are the girls still sleep" I asked. "Yeah. So I was thinking we talk to kayla during breakfast" he said. "Yea we can do that" I said. We talked about what we were going to say to kayla then went downstairs to make breakfast.

"Luke go put a shirt on so we can wake up the girls" I said. "You don't like me shirtless" he said hurt. "Of course I like you shirtless but I don't think the girls want to see you shirtless" I said. "You might be right" he said before he went to put a shirt on. "Kayla" I said as I rubbed her back to wake up. "Time to get up there's breakfast downstairs" I said as she sat up and rubbed her eyes. "Do you know what today is" I asked as I picked her up and held at the side of my waist. She shook her head no. "Today's your sisters birthday she turns one today" I said. "Happy birthday baby" luke said as he picked leilani up and took her downstairs. Honey me and Luke want to talk to you about something very important" I said as she ate her breakfast. "Me and your mommy got married a few days ago and two people only get married when they love each other very much" luke said. "Biological parents is a mommy and daddy that made you. I'm your biological parent but Luke is not" I said. "But that doesn't matter because I love as much as your mommy does and think of you as my own daughter" luke said. "So Luke's my daddy" she asked. "I would like to be if you let me" he said. "So I call you daddy now" she asked. "If you want to sweetie" I said. "Ok" she said. "Daddy can I have some more fruit" she asked. "Yes you may" luke said smiling and giving her more fruit.

Kayla was shy and nervous around luke at first but their relationship has come pretty far they play games and laugh together everyday. I think she likes him more then me but that's fine I don't want Luke to feel weird or not have a connection with her. I'm glad they have a father and daughter relationship or else I don't know if me and Luke would've worked out my child always come firsts but I'm glad we did because our family has come together.

After lunch
Kayla was watching tv with leilani on the couch. "Did you hear her call me daddy that's the first time I've been called daddy it felt good to hear that" he said. "I'm glad it did your her dad" I said. "I want to be more of a dad to her" he said. "What do you mean" I asked. "I want to adopt Kayla and change her last name to mine" he said. "Are you sure that's a big decision and it'll be hard to reverse what your asking. "I'm positive" he said. "We've only been married for two days and what if we don't last" I asked. "I have faith in us our love for each other is two strong and even if we do which I highly doubt break up I will always think of kayla as my child and I don't want her to feel like an outsider because her last name is different then the rest of her younger siblings" he said. "Siblings" I said. "You missing the point but yes oh we're having more babies" he said. "Fine if you think it's a good idea then let's do it I trust you" I said smiling. "Thank you baby I'll get the paperwork when we go back home" he said. "Ok" I said before walked to the living room and sat with the girls on the couch. I picked up Kayla and sat her on my lap and planted kisses all over her face, she just giggled the whole time. "I love you" I said. "I love you too mommy" she said back.

About an hour later we went to the store to get some things for leilanis birthday. We bought ingredients to make a cake and some small decorations to decorate the house with. We weren't going too big for her first birthday she probably won't remember it but it is a special day and memory.

When we got back home I put leilani down for a nap. "Kayla come wash your hands we're going to make your sisters cake" luke said. We played music while we made the cake. "Alright we have to wait 20 minutes for it to cook" I said. "Then we can decorate it" luke said before he tickled Kayla's stomach and she screamed in laughter. "Hey you two quiet down your going to wake up the birthday girl" I said. "Sorry mommy" she said. "Sorry honey" luke said.

When the cake was done and cooled off we put icing on it and I wrote "happy 1st birthday leilani!" on it. Then luke and Kayla put sprinkles on the cake. Luke put a pink candle in the cake and went to find a lighter. "I'm going to go get the birthday girl" I said before walking upstairs. "Leilani" I said in a soft voice as I picked her up and kissed her cheek. The cake was sitting on the island and Luke was holding kayla on one side of the island and I held leilani on the other side. "Happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear leilani happy birthday to you" we all sang to leilani. "Blow out the candle baby" I said as I leaned her towards the cake. I know she can't blow out the candle so I helped her. "Yay" I said as she just smiled at us. Luke grabbed a knife and cut the cake. "How about some ice cream" I said as I opened the freezer and scooped us some ice cream. Luke cut leilani a small piece of cake and all she did was crumble it with her hands and put her hands in her mouth. She looked like she enjoyed it so I minded my business and let the birthday girl do her.

After we celebrated we watched leilani's favorite show in the living room. "My mom texted saying happy birthday to leilani" I said. "So did my dad he said he has a present for her when we get back" luke said. "Did he tell you what it was" I asked. "Nope but leilani will probably like it" he said. "Dada" I heard someone say. "Luke did you hear that" I asked. "Yea did I hear what I think I heard" luke asked. "Did you just say your first word" luke said as he picked up leilani. "Dada" she said again. "Oh my gosh leilani said her first word" I said.

Later that night me and Luke were taking a bath together drinking wine. "Honey are you mad that leilani's first words was dada and not momma" he asked. "What no I'm happy that I was able to be there for it but I wouldn't care what her first word is as long as I'm there to witness it" I said. "My heart melted hearing her say that" he said smiling. "I've been through some of  the first with Kayla but now doing it a second time with you makes the first more special" I said. "And we're going to make more firsts and memories with the girls together" he said. "I love you my handsome husband" I said. "I love you too my beautiful wife" he said before we kissed.