A Friend

Boo's Pov

I walk outside with Tom of course who allows me to wonder around while he talks with Redbeard. I always go to a little fishing doc and just clear my head. Jordan still isn't home, Capsize and Jack have started growing close again. I freeze I see a boy probably my age sitting on my doc in my spot! I sit next to him and he looks over at me. "Hi I'm Joey!" He chirps and holds out his hand. "I'm Boo." I say and shake his hand. "I saw you out my kitchen window. I thought you could use a friend." Joey says and I frown. "I've never been to good at friends. Especially here." I say and Joey playfully punches my shoulder. "Hey you never know until you try!" He jokes and I hear Tom call for me.  "I gotta go. See you tomorrow?" I ask amd Joey nods.

Joey's Pov

I watch Boo run away as people call her Dianite Scrum and devil child. Poor girl I mean I thought I had it rough but after seeing her life I'm not so sure. "Joey come on inside honey." My mom says her voice soft as honey.

Boo's Pov

I walk in the house and I know somethings happened because Capsize is sobbing. "Wag." I say and he looks at me as Capsize barges out. "Don't worry about it. Now I'm gonna be sewing you can go outside I'll call you in when I'm done." Tom says and I nod running back outside. The other kids laugh at me. A girl with long blonde hair slams me into the side of the house and I close my eyes. "Oh don't try to hide your ugly eyes we can see it glowing!" She teases and then I drop to the ground. "Leave her alone!" Joey yells and when I open my eyes he's standing in front of me. "What's it to you gay boy!" One of the older boys yells and my heart breaks. "I'm straight now leave her be!" I see adults start to crowd around and I feel tears start to run down my face. "Devil child." One says and my heart breaks even more. "Come on." Joey says taking my hand and helping me up. He doesn't let go of my hand as we walk away from the mob of people. "She's just a cover up!" One yells and Joey squeeze my hand. We walk in his house and when his mom turns to see me she gasps. "Joey umm." She says and I jerk my hand away from Joey's. "Mom she's my friend and I don't care what you think." Joey says taking me to his room and closing the door. "Are you okay?" He asks and I nod trying to forget what just happened. "I truly am straight its just most of my friends are girls and I'm not good at sports and...." I stop him there "I know people here just don't like being different." I say and I close my eye. "Don't." Joey says giving me a friendly punch in the arm. "So tell me about Mianite. The island I mean." Joey says and I open my eye again. "I don't remember much of what it looked like before...." my voice cracks at the though of him. I remember Tom and the rest of the wizards locking down the palace and Tom locking us in my room. I feel the tears start coming down my cheeks and Joey hold me. Remembering my heat issue I pull away. "Tell me what you remember." Joey says and I sigh. "I remember the view out my bedroom window was nothing ocean. Perfect blue ocean almost everyday the sky was blue. When I turned five is when I saw the land. The Tree that..." Joey's mom walks in but keeps a good distance from me. "Joey dear can I talk to you outside for a second." She says and Joey walks out. "Mom she's no different tham everyone else." I hear Joey say and I let a few more tears fall. "Mam I assure you she's not dangerous." I hear Tom say and I walk out. "Lets go." Tom snaps taking my hand and dragging me out of Joey's house.  "Boo you can't just run off like that!" Tom yells and I stare at the ground. "I'm sorry I just really love you Boo." Tom says and I nod. I see Jack waiting for us outside, that smirk of his planted on his face. Just before I walk in he grabs my arm. "Let me go." I snap jerking my arm free. "She loves me accept that." He snaps right back at me. I walk in and Wag stops me. "I'm a monster!" I hear Capsize sobbing and I sigh. "Boo come sit." He says and we both sit on the couch. "Remeber how we talked about Jordan possibly coming home." I nod. "Well he's coming home. On his way now. Now I need you to be a big girl for me and stay strong. Capsize needs it and so will Jordan." I nod and run to my room. It's then the door opens and in walks Joey. He shuts the door behind him and sits next to me. "I'm sorry about earlier. My mom just got..." he stops and I close my eyes. "Its okay." I whisper and Joey is back to be I his happy ole self. "Jordan ia coming home." I say and Joey smiles. "Good!" He said and we both laugh. That's when I knew I realized I'd finally found a friend.