A Blessing Or A Curse

Capsize's Pov

I dress Jocelyn in my blessing dress. Its a lomg ivory lace dress with flower detail. I put the bonnet Tom sewed for her on and let just her bangs show. "Mommy" she manages to say and I hold her close careful of the dress. "Yeah I'm Mommy" I say kissing her forehead. I walk down stairs and hand Jocelyn to Jardan. "I'll try to hurry so you can have time too." I say kissing him. "Take all the time you need princess." He says and I giggle. I walk back up and put on a vintage black Marla dress. Its tradition that the parents of the child being blessed wear black and the rest of the guests cream or grey. It shows the purity of the child and the sins of the adults. I pin my hair up and slide on black heels. I apply a thin layer of eye liner and a light eyeshadow. I only do gloss even though I'm suppose to wear red lipstick. I walk back downstairs and Jordan hands me Jocelyn and rushes upstairs to get himself ready. "Capsize you and Jocelyn look amazing. Tom you did good!" Wag says and Tom bows. "Thank you thank you." He says and I laugh. Jardan walks down and he looks so handsome! In his black suit and black bowtie. "Okay listen Boo and Felix are coming and from what Mianite has told me she's going to play the violin after the celebration." Wag says and I nod. "Let's get going we don't want to be late." Tom says and we start toward the church. The gods are all sitting in chairs on the alter waiting. Ianite smiles at me and Jordan but I feel other eyes on me. "Dianite is staring at us." Jardon whispers and I eye him.

Boo's Pov

I frantically look for Joey I have to see him! I have to let him know I'm okay. "Boo!" I feel hands wrap around me and I know its his. "Joey. Listen I don't have long." I say pulling back. "Dianite's plan is to kill Mianite and the rest of us after my preformance. I've wrote a song along with (young) Josh and Tony Modestep. Tony is on base and Josh on Sound affects. After I'm done run bring as many people as you can with you." I say and Joey nods. "Promise me you'll do that." I whisper a tear falling down my face. "I promise." Joey says and I run back to stand with Josh and Tony.

Capsize's Pov

Mianite stands up along with Ianite and Dianite. "We are gathered here today to celebrate the baptism of young Jocelyn Aurey Maron." Jardon and I walk forward and Mianite places his hand on Jocelyn's forehead. "May this child be blessed with the gift of kindness and giving to the people." Mianite says and everyone echoes "Bless this child." Mianite removes his hand and I walk in front of Ianite. I feel Jardon's hand on my waist as Ianite places her hand on Jocelyn's forehead. "My this child be blessed with the gift of forgiveness and balance of power." Ianite says and removes her hand. "Bless this child" we all repeat. I walk over to Dianite who gently places his hand on Jocelyn's forehead. "Bless this child to be brave and to have a sneaky curiosity about her." Dianite removes his hand and we all echo one last time "Bless this child."

Boo's Pov

Me, Josh, and Tony all lock hands and Josh leads us in prayer. "Dear lord please help all of us on that stage to be out best and warn these innocent people of their own awful death caused by your son. Amen" he says and I grab my violin. "Boo." Tony says and I look over at him. "You can do this." He says and I nod. "Now please welcome Boo along with Josh and Tony Modestep." Mianite says and I watch as things get carried on and off stage. Cameron nods at me from the other side of the stage as the lights dim in the church. I walk on and stand in the center facing the people of Ianeria. I pull my violin up as Josh and Tony start working their magic.

Mianite's Pov

Boo never takes her eyes off me. She plays like its the last time she'll ever play. On the screen behind her words flash in blood. He'll kill you all and help flash back and forth only slow enough for people to be able to read it. The song ends and everyone claps. I start to get a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach, its then I realize Dianite is missing. "Run!" A little boy yells but no one moves they all laugh. "This was just a crazy act of defiance." Jack my own son yells.

Boo's Pov

"They don't believe us!" I say to Tony and he nods. "Josh do something!" I plead but its to late. "There's nothing I can do. They don't believe us. My eyes start fogging up as I hear a girl scream. They didn't believe us.