lord snow

JORAH MORMONT AND LEWYS LANNISTER RODE SIDE BY SIDE UNTIL THEY SAW DAENERYS STRUGGLING TO REMAIN UPON HER HORSE

JORAH MORMONT AND LEWYS LANNISTER RODE SIDE BY SIDE UNTIL THEY SAW DAENERYS STRUGGLING TO REMAIN UPON HER HORSE. Lewys looked to Daenerys before handing her a strip of horse to eat. "You need to eat, child. And drink."

"Isn't there anything else?" She asked observing her new people.

"The Dothraki have two things in abundance, grass and horses." Daenerys took the meat gratefully and bit a chunk out of it. "People can't live on grass." Lewys told her gently.

"The shadow lands beyond Ashai. They say there are fields of ghost grass with stalks as pale as milk that glow in the night. Murders all other grass. The Dothraki believe that one day it'll cover everything and that's the way the world will end." Jorah and Lewys watched as Daenerys saw Khal Drogo ride past them.

"It'll get easier." Lewys smiled softly as Daenerys swallowed. The girl urged her horse forwards causing the two men to follow her. Once they had reached the Dothraki camp, Lewys lept from his horse to help Daenerys from hers. She collapsed into the arms of three Dothraki handmaidens who ushered her to her tent.

"Still not far from Pentos, your Grace." Jorah spoke up as Viserys traveled past them.

"Master Illyrio has extended his hospitality. You'd be more comfortable there." Lewys insisted as he looked at the young prince.

"I have no interest in hospitality or comfort." Viserys sneered as Jorah walked away from the two men. "I'll stay with Drogo until he fulfills his end of the bargain and I have my crown."

"You wish, your Grace." Lewys looked at his feet.

"Well, Lannister, as brutish as this life appears, I suppose it is preferable to beheading." Lewys looked away from the prince. "What did Ned Stark want you for?"

"That is my business and not yours."

Viserys smiled at his courage to speak against him. "And in my reign, you have been punished for whatever nonsense, you can rest assured of that." Viserys walked away from the Lannister who glared at his retreating form.
*****

MARLENA AND TORIA BARATHEON RODE IN ON THEIR HORSES ALONGSIDE THEIR AUNTS

MARLENA AND TORIA BARATHEON RODE IN ON THEIR HORSES ALONGSIDE THEIR AUNTS. Marlena had always admired the beauty of King's Landing. She watched as the Stark girls looked around in wonder and boredom in Arya's case. Toria nudged her sister and Marlena looked up to see Edmund Waters, her dearest friend and in a way her lover. "Go on." Marlena lept from her horse to run over to Edmund who wrapped her tightly in his arms.

Edmund may have been a bastard, but Marlena couldn't help but care for him. He was her everything, her world. Toria smiled at the sight of the almost couple before lookimg back at Joffrey who smirked at her almost lovingly.

"Marlena, we must go. You can speak with him later." Toria assured her sister as she pulled away from Edmund sadly.

"I'll be back." They both grinned before Marlena hurried over to her sister and they strode away together.

"And what was that, dear Marlena?" Toria smirked at her sister who blushed.

"I don't know to what you refer." Marlena spoke as she linked arms with her sister. "Perhaps we should have tea with Sansa. I'm sure it will make her more welcome." Toria smiled softly agreeing with the idea. "She is to be our sister after all." Toria's heart sank and her smile disappeared, a frown replacing it. "Oh, cheer up, sister. Joffrey will make time for you, surely."
****

DAENERYS RODE WITH LEWYS BY HER SIDE AS THEY PASSED A LUSH GREEN FOREST

DAENERYS RODE WITH LEWYS BY HER SIDE AS THEY PASSED A LUSH GREEN FOREST. "Do the Dothraki buy their slaves?"

"The Dothraki don't believe in money. Most of their slaves were given to them as gifts."

"From whom?" Daenerys asked immediately.

"If you rule a city and see the horde approaching you have two choices: pay tribute or fight." Daenerys turned her head to look at Lewys. "An easy choice for most. Of course, sometimes, it's not enough. Sometimes a Khal feels insulted by the number of slaves he's given. He mught think the man too weak or the woman too ugly. Sometimes a Khal decides his riders haven't had a good fight in months and they need to practice." The two watched as a male slave was violently beaten down by one of the riders.

Daenerys grew uncomfortable by the situation. "Tell them all to stop."

"You want the entire horde to stop?" Lewys questioned the young Targaryen. "For how long?"

"Until I command them otherwise."

"You're learning to talk like a queen." Lewys observed smiling softly.

"Not a Queen, a Khaleesi." Lewys watched as Daenerys climbed off her horse and set off into the lushness of the forest. Lewys took Rahkaro and Irri with him to ensure the Khaleesi's safety. They found her with Viserys threatening her. Rahkaro flung his whip around Viserys' neck bringing him to his back.

"Rahkaro asks if you want him dead, Khaleesi." Irri told her after he spoke in Dothraki which Lewys was ill informed of.

"No." Daenerys cried out.

"Rahkaro says you should take ear to teach respect." Irri spat looking at Viserys.

"Please, please. Don't hurt him." Daenerys ordered causing Lewys to smirk slightly. "Tell him I don't want my brother harmed." Rahkaro let Viserys go after Irri spoke with him. Viserys heaved a lungful of air as he lay on the ground panting.

"Lannister, kill these Dothraki dogs!" Viserys shrieked pointing at Irri and Rahkaro. Lewys lokked at Rahkaro and nodded. Viserys stood from the ground outraged. "I am your king!" Lewys simply ignored the prince and turned to Daenerys.

"Shall we return to the Khalasar, Khaleesi?" He guided her horse to her from where he sat upon his own horse. Daenerys Targaryen's eyes filled with tears and she nodded solemnly. Irri crouched down to help the young maiden onto her horse. Daenerys followed by Lewys rode back to the Khalasar.

Rahkaro tutted at Viserys who moved to his horse. "You walk." He started his horse foward and Viserys gathered his sword from the ground angrily as he watched his sister and her protector saunter off.