the bear and the maiden fair

RAENA MARTELL sat writing a letter to her brother, Oberyn when Robb came into the tent soaking wet

RAENA MARTELL sat writing a letter to her brother, Oberyn when Robb came into the tent soaking wet. He eyes widened at his dripping wet hair and clothes seemingly clinging to his body. "Oh, Robb." She quickly rushed over to him in her robe with a rag in hand. "You must be freezing."

Robb looked down at his wife with love in his eyes before taking notice of the writing parchment on the desk. "Who were you writing to?"

"My cousin and his lover." She gently squeezed his hair to collect the majority of the water in its confines. "I'm glad I didn't wander into the war council." She mused as Robb wrapped an arm around her. "Talisa knows more about politics anyways." A lightbulb seemed to go off in her head. "Robb, I hate to use Talisa in this way, but maybe she could be me at the wedding. Something about it just doesn't seem right."

"What do you mean?"

Robb's brows furrowed in confusion as Raena crossed the room. "In all technicality, no one other than our forces have seen me. Meaning the Freys haven't, which means if something were to go wrong..."

"Talisa could pretend to be you." Robb whispered in realization. "You're a genius, Raena." The girl smiled as she removed herself from his arms back to her letter. "What are you writing to your cousin about?"

"Oh, just about my health, my husband, our child." She trailed off hoping Robb would get the hint. She looked over at him uncertainly as his brows furrowed.

"Do you mean it? That you're truly-?" Raena cut her husband off with a nod.

"Are you angry with me?" Raena asked fearfully with a furrowed brow.

"Angry? How could I possibly be angry? You're my Queen." Robb declared as he approached her side.

"Well, then, I have your little prince or princess inside of me." Raena smiled as Robb knelt beside the desk and held onto her hands as he gazed at her stomach. "Which makes my Talisa play all the more necessary, but I fear it would put her in danger, as being in my role should."

"It's a genius plan, but it would Talisa in danger." Robb placed his hand on her cheek softly. "Are you willing for your closest friend to die for you?"

Raena nodded eagerly as she smiled softly. "If it means that our child will live."
******

" ******