you win or you die

MAEVE AND JAIME ARRIVED AT THEIR FATHER'S CAMP

MAEVE AND JAIME ARRIVED AT THEIR FATHER'S CAMP. "Summoned to court to answer for the crimes of your Bannerman, Gregor Clegane, the Mountain." Jaime read from a letter from Ned Stark. "Ah, arrive within the fortnight and be branded enemies of the crown." Maeve rolled her eyes at her brother's words.

"Poor Ned Stark. Brave man, terrible judgment." Maeve mused smirking slightly as she looked to her father.

"Attacking him was stupid." Tywin Lannister cut into the carcass of a dead stag. "Lannisters," He pulled out the entrails of the stag. "Don't act like fools." He threw them into a bucket with a nauseating slosh. "You going to say something clever?" Their father turned from the stag to his children and then back to the stag. "Go on, say something clever, one of you."

"Catelyn Stark took our brother." Jaime stared at his father blankly.

"Why is he still alive?" Tywin wiped his hands and knife on a rag.

"Tyrion?" Maeve questioned incredulously.

"Ned Stark." Maeve tilted her head as she glanced towards her brother.

"One of our men interfered. Speared him through the leg before I could finish him." Jaime looked at his sister.

"Why is he still alive?" Tywin asked again.

"It wouldn't have been clean." Maeve interjected ignoring the look on her brother's face.

"Clean." Tywin scoffed as he sawed at the stag's leg. "You and your brother spend too much time worrying about what other people think of you." Maeve sighed and turned away.

"I could care less what anyone thinks of me." Jaime retorted and Maeve turned to face their father again who had ceased his gutting of the stag.

"That's what you want people to think of you."

"It's the truth." Maeve remained silent as her father and brother bantered on.

"When you hear them whispering Kingslayer behind your back doesn't it bother you?" Tywin asked already knowing the answer.

"Of course it bothers me."

"A lion doesn't concern himself with the opinions of a sheep." Tywin turned back to the stag. "I suppose I should be grateful that your vanity got in the way of your recklesness." Tywin turned to his son and daughter. "Jaime, I'm giving you half of our forces, thirty thousand men. We'll bring Catelyn Stark's girlhood home and remind her that Lannisters pay their debts."

"I didn't realize you placed such a high value on our brother's life." Maeve set her steely gaze on her father's back.

"He's a Lannister." Tywin laughed as he pulled back the flesh of the stag. "Might be the lowest of the Lannisters, right behind Lewys, but he's one of us and every day that he remains a prisoner the less our names command respect."