fire and blood

LEWYS LANNISTER felt like he couldn't breathe

LEWYS LANNISTER felt like he couldn't breathe. The same Eddard Stark that he knew as a child that accused him of treason against the Mad King, was now dead. He couldn't process the information quickly enough. He couldn't feel Naeva's grip on his arm as she pulled him away from the grisly sight. Lewys glanced up and made eye contact with his sister who smiled softly at the sight of her youngest brother. Lewys returned the smile and breathed shakily as he followed Naeva from the crowded area.

"We must get to the Red Keep. Almost all of the common people are at the Sept now and this is our chance to get there as quickly as we can." Lewys took a hold of Naeva's hand and tugged her through the many streets and corridors of King's Landing until they reached their destination. A comfortable silence held itself between the two. Lewys had saved Naeva's life, and she had helped him with sailing, which Lewys knew none about.

They finally reached the gates of the Red Keep and Lewys stepped ahead of his female companion. A Kingsguard approached the gate swiftly to meet them. "Who goes there?"

"I am Lewys of House Lannister and this is Naeva Waters, the bastard daughter of my uncle, Tyrion Lannister." The Kingsguard looked at the two in excitement, it seemed.

"The Queen Regent will be pleased to hear of your return. Your sister, and brothers have been gone for an extended journey."

"May I ask why?" Lewys was indeed confused at the prospect of his siblings out on a quest together.

"Tyrion has been captured by the Starks, but by all accounts, he is back with your father in his camp. Your sister and Jaime went to your father's camp after previously assaulting Lord Stark before his death. Jaime has also been captured by the Starks, by Robb himself." Lewys' brows furrowed in thought at this new information.

"Well, I do hope the war will end soon. Westeros is not in need of another war."
*******

AMBERLEE STARK had heard about Ned's death and was devastated

AMBERLEE STARK had heard about Ned's death and was devastated. He was her first love even before Jaime and she knew that he was not capable of the things said of him. She also knew that Joffrey had become a monster just as his mother has raised him to be. Amberlee had been wrong about Cersei and King's Landing was no longer safe for her or any Stark for that matter. She had to leave this godsforsaken city and go north from whence she came.

Amberlee and Sandor Clegane had crossed paths and he of course had taken notice of her satchel and leather boots. She eyed him warily with terrified eyes. He nodded to her silently and continued on down the hallway acting as if he had never even seen her. She continued down the corridor with rushed steps and threw her hood over her head.

She continued through the dirty streets of the capitol. She was going to stop at nothing until she found and freed Jaime from his captors, her kin. Several Kingsguard spotted her and she took off in a run towards the city gate. Once free from the confines of the putrid city, she rushed into the woods with whatever belongings she had with her.
******

TORIA BARATHEON was furious with her brother

TORIA BARATHEON was furious with her brother. He had beheaded Ned Stark, the father of his betrothed and the Hand of the King. This was foolish in Toria's eyes and would end in the destruction of Houses Baratheon and Lannister if Joffrey wasn't careful. Her mother and brother had both tried speaking with her attempting to make her see reason, but she was done with all that.

"Sansa," Toria glanced over at the young Stark girl as they sat together sewing. "Allow me to apologize for the way in which I have treated you and for my brother's actions and behavior towards you. I'd like it if we were friends. It would make your time here in King's Landing not so terrible. You'd at least have someone to sew with." Toria managed to win Sansa over and crack a small smile at the princess' kind words.

"Thank you, your Grace." Sansa turned back to her sewing.

"I've heard lemon cakes are your favorite, so, naturally," A servant carried a large platter of lemon cakes and a teapot over to the two. "I had some made. I also have some dresses for you that you may like."

"Your grace, this is too kind of you. I'm afraid I cannot accept." Toria frowned at Sansa's response.

"I'm afraid you don't truly have a choice in the matter. A lady can always use more gowns and eating lemon cakes never bothered anyone anyways." Toria and Sansa giggled as they dug into the delectable sweets. "Sansa, may I ask you something?"

"Of course, your Grace."

"There's no need for formalities. Call me Toria, I insist. Anyways, what would you suggest I do if the man who holds my heart in his hands is cruel and treats all others but me with hatred?"

Sansa remained silent for a moment. "You wouldn't happen to be talking about Joffrey, would you?"

"Maybe I am." Toria and Sansa giggles at the girl's mysterious nature.

"Well, I wouldn't know. Perhaps you should ask Marlena or your mother." Toria's gaze turned towards her hands as her fingers began to twiddle with each other.

"Neither would have much experience in that arena, but I'm glad we have become friends, Sansa." Toria reached out to touch the Stark girl's hand. "You'll never be alone as long as I live." Sansa's eyes widened in terror as she spotted Joffrey and the Hound coming towards the two.

"Ah, Sansa, sister, there you are." Joffrey's voice caused Sansa to flinch amd Toria to glare at the table. "Sister, may I speak with you alone?" Toria nodded her head and stood to join Joffrey on a walk in the gardens. "I haven't seen much of you since the Stark pig was beheaded."

"And for good reason, Joff." Toria scoffed stepping away from her lover. "What you did was beyond anything I could've ever imagine. Something unthinkable. Something you would never had done if you weren't the king."

"I am your King and you will listen to me!" Joffrey seized a hold of Toria's arm and tugged her to his side. "As long as you are my sister, you will obey." He seethed causing Toria to glare at him.

"I will do no such thing. I am your sister, not some common whore you can command! You are a child, Joffrey Baratheon! And a blind fool!" Toria stormed away from her brother back into the Red Keep where she barred herself in her room to keep herself from lashing out or preventing others from hurting her.