the wolf and the lion

MARLENA AND MYRCELLA SAT BY TOMMEN WHO WAS STILL WIPING TEARS FROM THE LAST FIGHT THE MOUNTAIN FOUGHT

MARLENA AND MYRCELLA SAT BY TOMMEN WHO WAS STILL WIPING TEARS FROM THE LAST FIGHT THE MOUNTAIN FOUGHT. Marlena pulled young Tommen onto her lap as the Mountain approached their father upon his horse and bowed his head. His opponent, Ser Loras Tyrell, was much slower in his approach stopping to give a single red rose to Sansa Stark. Marlena rolled her eyes playfully at Myrcella who giggled. Ser Loras left her and bowed towards the King exuberantly.

King Robert nodded at the two and the Mountain's horse moved a little too sporadically to be a savage one. He appeared to just be frightened. The Mountain took off towards one end, Ser Loras to the other. Ser Loras was given a helmet that had a giant feather at the top.

Marlena looked over at Toria who appeared to be sick. A horn sounded and the two knights charged at each other. The Mountain fell from his horse and broke the railings declaring Ser Loras as victorious. Marlena smiled as Ser Loras came riding by waving his hand to the crowds gathered. Her smile quickly faded when she saw the Mountain rip off his helmet and throw it to the ground. He had called for his sword.

Ser Loras bowed to the king once more oblivious to the madman behind him now wielding a sword. Marlena watched with horror as the Mountain swung the sword into his horse's neck decapitating it. He then moved to knock Ser Loras from his horse. He took several swings at the Tyrell who blocked then with his shield. The Hound suddenly luanched towards his brother. "Leave him be."

The two brothers became locked in an intense swordfight until King Robert intervened. "Stop this madness in the name of your King!" He shouted as he stood from his seat. Joffrey and Marlena were also standing by this point. They watched as the Hound ducked into kneel and the Mountain angrily threw down his sword. The Mountain stomped away from them. "Let him go!" The crowds made a pathway for him to walk through.

The Hound finally rose from his kneel with a nod to the King. Joffrey and Marlena sat down. Myrcella handed Marlena the shaking Tommen who was unhappy to witness so much death. Ser Loras apporached the Hound. "I owe you my life, Ser."

"I'm no Ser." The Hound growled out looking at the Tyrell boy. Ser Loras took his hand and raised them both above their heads. Marlena noticed Sansa stand up clapping. Myrcella soon stood up with Tommen and Marlena finally stood up clapping for the Hound and not for Ser Loras.
******

JAIME AND MAEVE LANNISTER STOOD OUTSIDE THE BROTHEL THEY SAW LORD STARK AND HIS MEN OUTSIDE OF

"Such a small pack of wolves." Jaime mused as he approached on his horse.

"Stay there, Sers. This is the Hand of the King." Jory Cassel warned the siblings as they steadily apporached them.

"Was the Hand of the King." Maeve smirked at Lord Stark. "Now, I'm not sure what he is. Lord of somewhere very far away." Lord Petyr Baelish exited his brothel at the most inopportune moment.

"What's the meaning of this, Lannisters?"

"Get back inside where it's safe." Jaime told him as Baelish steadily approached them. "We're looking for our brother. You remember our brother, don't you, Lord Stark?"

"Blonde hair. Sharp tongue. Short man." Maeve deadpanned looking at the Stark patriarch.

"I remember him well." Lord Stark responded almost taunting them.

"Seems he had some trouble on the road." Maeve said to them Northerner. "You wouldn't know what happened to him, would you?"

"He was taken at my command to answer for his crime." It was clear he was taking the blame for his wife's actions. Jaime took out his sword quickly.

"Milords, Milady." Baelish attempted to intervene. "I'll bring the City Watch." He backed up into his brothel cowardly.

"Come, Stark. I'd rather you die sword in hand." Jaime taunted the man of the North.

"If you threaten my Lord again..." Jaime cut Jory off.

"Threaten? As in I'm going to open your Lord from balls to brain and see what Starks are made of." Jaime motioned Lord Stark's balls and then brain as if to prove his point.

"You kill me, your brother's a dead man." Jaime quirked a smile at this.

"You're right." He turned to his sister and nodded.

"Take him alive. Kill his men." Lannister spears were then hurled into Stark torsos. Jory Cassel and Lord Stark plunged into battle with the Lannister soldiers. Jory foolishly picked a fight with Jaime if you could even call it a fight. One jab and a block later a knife was plunged into Jory's left eye. Jaime looked to Lord Stark unapologetically as Lord Stark seethed.

Jaime tossed the corpse to the ground and advanced on the Northern Lord. Their struggle for dominance in sword fighting led Lord Stark closer to the Lannister soldiers his back to them. One took the opportunity to stab the Northmen in the leg with a spear. Maeve and Jaime exchanged looks of frustration before Maeve approached the soldier.

Lord Stark was skewered by the spear in his leg unable to move. Maeve swiftly punched the soldier into unconsciousness. She moved to her horse as Jaime's was brought to him. He sheathed his sword and gazed back at Lord Stark as he mounted his horse. "Our brother, Lord Stark." He rode away with Maeve trotting behind him.

"We want him back." She sneered paying no mind to the Northmen lying dead in the streets or to the Northern Lord injured and nearing unconsciousness.