the ghost of harrenhal

AMBERLEE STARK sat on her horse awaiting Renly Baratheon's arrival to the meeting of the brothers

AMBERLEE STARK sat on her horse awaiting Renly Baratheon's arrival to the meeting of the brothers. "Lady Stark, I had not thought to find you in the Stromlands."

"I had not thought to be here, Lord Stannis." Catelyn shared a warm smile with her sister in law given the circumstances.

"Can that truly be you?" Renly asked his brother as he observed him.

"Who else might it be?" Stannis retorted sarcastically causing Amberlee to smirk slightly.

"When I saw your standard, I couldn't be sure. Whose banner is that?" Renly asked curiously.

"My own." Stannis said proudly looking his brother dead in the eyes.

"Suppose if we use the same one, the battle would be terribly confusing. Why is your stag on fire?" Amberlee smirked at what Melisandre would say.

"The King has taken for his sigil the fiery heart of the Lord of Light."

"Ah, must be this fire priestess we hear so much about." Melisandre smirked at the man proudly causing Amberlee to also smirk. "Brother, now I understand why you found religion in your old age."

"Watch yourself, Renly." Stannis warned his younger brother.

"No, no, I'm relieved. Never really believed you're a fanatic." Renly joked causing Amberlee to play with her horse's reins. "Charmless, rigid, oh yes, but not a godly man."

"You should kneel before your brother. He's the Lord's Chosen, born amidst salt and smoke." Melisandre told Renly who looked skeptical.

"Born amdist salt and smoke? Is he a ham?" Renly mused causing Melisandre to roll her eyes.

"That's twice I've warned you." Stannis told his brother again.

"Listen to yourselves." Amberlee became the sole voice of reason other than Catelyn.

"If you were sons of mine. I would knock your heads together and lock you in a bedchamber until you remembered that you were brothers." Catelyn looked between the two brothers.

"It is strange to find you beside my brother Lady Stark." Stannis told her.

"It is not stranger than seeing Lady Lannister beside you rather than with the Lannisters." Stannis sidestepped what his brother said.

"Your husband was a supporter of my claim. Lord Eddard's integrity cost him his head and you sit beside this pretender and chastise me." Stannis continued to bash the side Catelyn had picked.

"We share a common enemy." Catelyn told the older Baratheon.

"The Iron Throne is mine by right. All those that deny it are my foes." Stannis told Catelyn plainly.

"The whole realm denies from Dorne to the Wall. Old men deny with a death rattle and unborn children deny it in their mothers' wombs." Renly told his brother who glowered at him. "No one wants you for their King. You never wanted any friends, brother, but a man without friends is a man without power."