the north remembers

AMBERLEE STARK was seated beside a Red Priestess in Stannis Baratheon's war council

AMBERLEE STARK was seated beside a Red Priestess in Stannis Baratheon's war council. "And I declare upon the honor of my house that my beloved brother, Robert left-"

"Was my beloved brother? I didn't love him, he didn't love me." Stannis told the scribe who was writing his letter for him.

"A harmless courtesy, your Grace." Ser Davos Seaworth said and Amberlee swallowed.

"A lie. Take it out."

"That my brother, Robert left no truborn heirs. The boy, Joffrey, the boy, Tommen, the girl, Marlena, the girl, Toria, and the girl, Myrcella, being born of incest between Cersei Lannister and her brother, Jaime Lannister. By right of birth-"

"Jaime Lannister, the Kingslayer, born what he is." Stannis corrected the scribe again who then scratched out his work.

"And her brother, Jaime Lannister, the Kingslayer. By right of brith and blood, I do this day lay claim to-" Stannis seemed to notice how despondent the Stark along them was and spoke again.

"Make it Ser Jaime Lannister, the Kingslayer. Whatever else he is, the man's still a knight." Amberlee glanced at Stannis and nodded in thanks with a small smile.

"Set Jaime Lannister, the Kingslayer. By right of birth and blood, I do this day lay claim to the Iron Throne of Westeros. Let all true men declare their loyalty."

"When Eddard Stark learnt the truth, he told only me and his sister. I'll not make the same mistake." Stannis turned his attention to the scribe. "Send copies of that letter to every corner of the realm, from the harbor to the war. The time has come to choose. Let no man claim ignorance as an excuse."

"Your Grace," Ser Davos said from his seat. "The Lannisters are the true enemy. If not for the time being, you could make peace with your brother."

"Well, I'll not make peace with Renly while he calls himself King."

"What many have already declared for him? The Tyrells, Randyll Tarly."

"Stannis does not need to beg this Lord or that Lord for support. The Lord of Light stands behind him." Melisandre said calmly.

"And how many ships does the Lord of Light got in his fleet?" Davos retorted skeptically. Amberlee was skeptical of the belief in the Lord of Light, hut was able to find middle ground with both sides.

"He has no need for ships." Amberlee rolled her eyes at the two's bickering.

"I'm sure he doesn't, but we do if we're going to war." Davos turned to Amberlee pleadingly.

"If not with Renly your Grace, perhaps you'd consider joining forces with Robb Stark?" Amberlee intervened before the situation could escalate.

"Who'd steal the Northern half of my kingdom." Stannis snapped at the Stark. "Voice served thieves according to the deserters as you well know, Ser Davos." Stannis turned to his council. "Joffrey, Renly, Robb Stark, they're all thieves. They'll bend the knee or I'll destroy them."