what is dead may never die

ANNALYS TYRELL stood beside the stage that her older sister and her husband, Renly sat upon

ANNALYS TYRELL stood beside the stage that her older sister and her husband, Renly sat upon. She watched as her older brother Loras dueled against a knight who was much larger than him. "Loras! Highgarden!" Margaery stood from her chair and clapped for her brother. Eventually, Loras did yield causing his opponent to back away and his sister to sit down sadly.

Renly clapped for the victor. "Well fought. Approach." The knight approached him and kneeled. "Rise. Remove your helm." The knight removed his helm to reveal a strong woman. "You are all your father promised and more, my Lady. I've seen Ser Loras bested once or twice, but never quite in that fashion."

"Now, now, my love. My brother fought valiantly for you." Margaery eyed her husband with a smirk.

"That he did, my queen. But there can only be one champion. Brienne of Tarth, you may ask of me anything you desire. If it is within my power, it is yours." Brienne kneeled once more causing Annalys to smile softly.

"Your Grace, I ask the honor of a place in your Kingsguard. I will be one of your Seven, pledge my life to yours and keep you safe from all harm."

"Done." Renly called out causing Annalys to smile. "Rise, Brienne of the Kingsguard." Renly began to clap causing others to follow.

"Your Grace, I have the honor to bring you Lady Catelyn Stark, sent as an envoy by her son, Robb, Lord of Winterfell." Annalys looked over the guard's shoulder to see an older lady with auburn hair that glowed in the sunlight.

"Lord of Winterfel and King in the North." Catelyn corrected him and Annalys smirked slightly.

"Lady Catelyn, I'm pleased to see you." Renly smiled softly before introducing his wife and her sister. "May I present my wife, Margaery of House Tyrell and her sister, Annalys." Catelyn bowed her head to the two in respect.

"You are very welcome here, Lady Stark." Margaery said softly in a kind tone. "I'm so sorry for you loss."

"You are most kind." Catelyn said softly.

"My lady, I swear to you, I will see the Lannisters answer for your husband's murder. When I take King's Landing, I'll bring you Joffrey's head." The men began to cheer at this declaration.

"It will be enough to know that justice was done, my Lord." Catelyn bowed her head in thanks.

"Your Grace." Brienne corrected her with a glare. "And you should kneel when you approach the king."

"There's no need for that." One thing that Annalys admired about Renly was that he was humble and did not appreciate the attention as much as other rulers did. "Lady Stark is an honored guest."

"Has your son marched against Tywi. Lannister yet?" Loras asked the Stark woman haughtily. Annalys shot her brother a glare for his impropriety.

"I do not sit on my son's war councils and if I did, I would not share his strategies with you." Catelyn answered with annoyance in her tone.