Hey Stranger

Author's POV

It was currently 1:27 am. Rain drizzled outside as Kairi sighed in frustration. His eyes dropped as his grip on his pen loosened, his body screaming for him to go to sleep. He ran his fingers through his hair as his eyes poured over the words on the page.

Kairi highlighted notes in his textbook, finished his work, and slammed the thick book shut. He was a medical student, almost completing his 2nd year of college in hopes of earning a job in the medical field.

"Why did I sign up for this?" He complained as he pulled out another textbook and wrote down notes. Kairi was top of his class but it came with a price.

His sleep schedule and sanity.

Kairi stayed up past 4 am every day, only to wake up at 11 for his classes. He barely got his 8 hours of sleep. He might just go psycho at this point.

Kairi pulled out his Macbook and typed up his thesis. He stopped after 20 minutes to stretch and stared blankly at the blinking cursor on the screen. He shook his head as the rumble of his stomach snapped him out of his trance.

Kairi glanced at his dwindling supply of ramen noodles and decided to have a quick meal before continuing his essay. He was in the middle of boiling the water when all of a sudden, someone started banging on his door, their knocks like rapid gunfire.

Kairi jumped and spilled the boiling hot water on the ground.

"Damn it," he hissed.

Kairi hurried over to the door, expecting his crazy crackheaded landlord demanding money and unlocked it.

The door swung open and a tall man collapsed on top of Kairi.

"What the fu-" Kairi squealed but the man clamped his hand over Kairi's mouth. The stranger closed the door behind him and locked it before sitting down. Loud footsteps stormed past the apartment and the man sighed in relief.

He was tall, with honey tan skin, had a sharp jawline, and a mop of tousled, curly hair. Kairi wasn't gonna lie, this man was attractive as hell. The epitome of a god.

"What are you doing in my apartment!?" Kairi yelled and scrambled away from the man.

"You're a medical student right?" The man rasped.

Kairi swooned over his deep voice for a second before nodding.

"Good. Now help me get this bullet out of me," he said.

Kairi's jaw hung open in shock as the stranger limped over to his couch and lied down. He wore a white shirt, splattered with crimson and black jeans. What kind of fucking request was that?

Kairi went and retrieved his medical supplies. He had never performed on an actual human.

"Um, I don't think I can do this. I'm not even in my third year and I don't have enough experience," Kairi rambled.

"Just do what you can," the man replied and closed his eyes.

Kairi got out a pair of tweezers, cotton balls, a needle, and thread, along with some other things. He lifted the shirt and gasped. There was a bullet wound in his side but the bullet was sticking out of his skin. That made the job easier for Kairi.

But the fact that there was a hot, random stranger in his apartment with a bullet wound made the job difficult. Also, the fact that this man's abs were on full display for Kairi to drool at was driving him insane.

5 minutes ago, Kairi was preparing ramen and studying but now, he's digging a bullet out of an Italian looking god.

Ah, yes. This is so normal.

Kairi successfully removed the bullet with the tweezers and cleaned the area. His gloves were stained with blood and Kairi winced as blood got on his hoodie. The bullet wound wasn't too deep but, it still gave Kairi anxiety over the fact that he might've done something wrong.

As Kairi was stitching up the area, he glanced at the man who still had his eyes closed but was awake.

"Um, sir? I'm done," Kairi said softly as he saved up his equipment.

The man opened his eyes and sat up, grunting softly.

"Thank you," He said and they locked eyes. After what seemed like an eternity or staring, Kairi tore his eyes away, a light blush dusting his cheeks.

"I know that we met under the weirdest circumstances but, can I stay here tonight?" The man asked.

Kairi being the kind and innocent little boy he is, nodded.

"You don't have anywhere to go?" Kairi said softly.

"Well, as of this time, yes and no. It's complicated," he replied, scratching the nape of his neck.

"Oh. Well, stay as long as you need I guess," Kairi blurted out.

He mentally facepalmed himself and jumped off the mental cliff of stupidity. Kairi wasn't too bothered by the fact that this stranger was staying with him for a certain amount of time. He was just curious as to why he came to Kairi's apartment with a gunshot wound.

He was just sus.

Periodt.

I need to know if I can trust him in my apartment.

Kairi decided that it was time to sleep and saved up his textbooks. He cleaned the water that he spilled on the ground and decided to eat ramen when he woke up. Kairi changed his bloody hoodie for a yellow one.

Kairi chose an oversized hoodie and shirt from his wardrobe, along with a pair of joggers that were too big for him.

"This should fit him," Kairi said to himself and stepped into the living room.

"I got you some clothes if you need to change. I don't know if you'll fit them though," Kairi mumbled and handed him the clothes.

"Thanks. Where's the bathroom?" he asked.

Surprisingly, the clothes fit. It suddenly dawned on him that the guy was really tall or, that Kairi was indeed short.

The two sat down on the couch as a veil of awkward silence draped around their shoulders.

"Well, I can't call you stranger forever if you're gonna stay with me. What's your name?" Kairi asked.

"Alejandro. Alejandro Rosario." he responded.

"I'm Kairi Cosentino," Kairi said with a warm smile.

He told me his name. Maybe I can trust him.

«   »

Ok, I actually have a planed out plotline for this book and I'm actually low-key excited and motivated to write more chapters.

So, should I do short chapters that are quick to update? Like 500 or fewer words.

Or long chapters that take 4 or more days to write? 700+ words.

Let me know!