Bonding

I haven't updated in forever I'm sorryyy

Also what the actual fuck, I have 31k reads in my shit ass book. Thanks guys, ily

SLIGHT BANANA FISH (ANIME) SPOILERS. THERE WILL BE A NOTICE WHEN IT HAPPENS

Author's POV

The following day, Kairi left in the morning to go attend his classes, leaving Maiya and Alejandro alone in the apartment. Maiya slept on the couch while Alejandro made waffles. It was awkward for the two. They just met and barely knew each other. Alejandro didn't even know if the girl liked waffles or not.

Alejandro set the plate on the coffee table and paused, contemplating on how to wake her up. It was 1:28 pm already and she was completely knocked out.

"Do I just shake her awake or some shit? Or pull the blanket away?" Alejandro muttered to himself.

Finally, after nearly 5 minutes of questioning himself, Alejandro gave up and did whatever came to mind.

"Maiya!" Alejandro yelled and shook her shoulder.

Maiya grumbled in her sleep and turned away, back facing him. Alejandro yelled her name a couple more times, getting more and more impatient.

"Ugh, why can't this bitch just wake up?" Mattia sighed.

He squatted down by the couch, stooping down to Maiya's level and screamed in her ear.

"WAKE UP!" He bellowed and Maiya jolted awake.

Instinctively, Maiya screamed in surprised and punched Alejandro square in the face. Alejandro stumbled back as Maiya gawked at him with wide eyes.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry," Maiya sputtered.

"Did you just punch me?" Alejandro asked in astonishment.

"It was just reflex and you kind of scared me-" Maiya ranted when Alejandro cut her off.

"It's fine but damn, you can throw a punch. I made waffles for breakfast but you overslept," Alejandro said.

Maiya nodded and scrambled to the bathroom. Alejandro let out a breath. He hated the awkward tension that he had with Maiya. Alejandro wanted to be close with her and earn her trust. After all, she is the only family member that Kairi has left in his life.

As Maiya ate her waffles while watching TV, Alejandro was on his phone.

He decided to take this time to talk with Maiya and get to know her better.

"So, Maiya. How did you know that Kairi was your brother? Didn't Valerie hide such crucial information from you?" Alejandro asked, propping his head on his hand.

Maiya looked at him in surprise. She didn't expect him to ask her something out of the blue.

Actually, she didn't even fathom that he spoke to her.

"I snuck around in Valerie's office one day while she was out and came across a file with my picture attached to it. I learned the truth that day and began plotting a plan to escape and find my real family. Valerie caught me but, she introduced me to my dad. She said that it was a small token of kindness after taking me as a baby. Stupid bitch," Maiya muttered bitterly.

"Hey, don't curse," Alejandro scolded.

Maiya rolled her eyes.

"Kairi isn't here so it's fine. Besides, I figured that you wouldn't care considering that you curse like 1,000 times a day," Maiya responded.

"Can't argue with that statement," Alejandro said.

"I know," Maiya stated.

She picked up her plate and put it in the sink. Then, she grabbed a pink lollipop from the cabinet and unwrapped it, plopping back down on the couch. Mattia glanced as the TV and saw that she was watching an anime.