The Little Things

(A/N: Ya'll, my dirty ass mind while naming this chapter. It's not what you think, I promise) 

Author's POV:

Sunlight bathed Kairi's room, yellow sunlight filling the room with a happy aura. The two were currently sleeping, their legs tangled and their arms secured around each other. Alejandro stirred in his sleep before he opened his eyes.

"Oh fuck," Alejandro cursed as he was blinded by the light. It was as if Jesus just flashed before his eyes.

Alejandro squinted as his eyes adjusted to the blinding light and he looked to his side to see Kairi curled up around him. Alejandro forced back his urge to coo and admired the Wasian's features. 

Kairi glowed in the morning light, he looked ethereal, too good for Alejandro's eyes. Even with tear-stained cheeks and puffy red eyes, Kairi looked perfect. Alejandro slowly pulled Kairi's arms off of his waist and shuffled out of bed. Alejandro carefully placed the blanket around Kairi and glanced at the clock on Kairi's desk.

It was 9:48 am. 

Alejandro stretched and decided to make breakfast. He brushed his teeth and got some oversized clothes out of Kairi's closet, cautious not to wake the boy up. Alejandro searched the pantry and surprisingly found a box of pancake mix and some syrup.

Alejandro made the mix and fired on the stove, placing the griddle over the heat. As the pancakes were cooking on the stove, Alejandro cracked some eggs in a separate pan and prepared some bacon too.

Kairi woke to the sound of sizzling breakfast and the pleasant aroma of syrup. A small smile spread across his face as he crept into the kitchen, watching Alejandro cook. Kairi still had his blanket wrapped around his shoulders like a human burrito. As Alejandro turned to grab some salt and noticed Kairi standing by the doorway.

"Good morning," Alejandro said as he reached for some plates.

"Morning Alejandro. Thanks for being there for me last night," Kairi blushed. 

He didn't want to bring up the subject again; it embarrassed him to know that Alejandro saw him in that state.  Alejandro nodded and motioned for Kairi to go get ready. After Kairi brushed his teeth and changed his clothes, he padded into the kitchen, feeling refreshed and ready. 

Kairi wolfed down the pancakes, his cheeks ballooning out like a chipmunk.

"Woah there, you need to slow down," Alejandro said, his dimples flashing.

What he didn't tell Kairi was that the boy had him entranced. Alejandro watched Kairi from the corner of his eye, how the syrup dripped down the side of his mouth and how he absolutely wished to-

No Ale. You need to get your head together.

Alejandro blinked and shook his head, washing his thoughts away. 

After this day, Kairi took note of the little things Alejandro did. 

He came home to Alejandro doing his laundry, with dinner hot and ready. They would crack jokes together and sit closer to each other as if they were best friends. Alejandro would occasionally 'flirt' with Kairi which always ended with the Wasian boy being flustered.

Kairi thought of it as a joke. It was just a joke. There's no way Alejandro would be interested in him.

That night, Kairi took out Alejandro's stitches. The boy healed at an alarming rate. As Kairi's hands lifted the fabric of Alejandro's shirt, he paused as butterflies swooped up and down in his stomach.

"What's wrong babyboy? Take a picture, it'll last longer," Alejandro drawled and Kairi blushed profusely, sinful thoughts crossing his mind.

Kairi worked quickly, not making eye contact with Alejandro. The faster this was over with, the faster the annoying butterflies would go away.

Wednesday rolled by quickly, with no news from Robert. Kairi could sense that something was ticking Alejandro off, but he didn't want to invade the boy's privacy and break the bond they had just formed. So, after his classes were over with, Kairi headed to the store and bought Alejandro an outfit. It was a pitiful sight seeing Alejandro constantly wearing Kairi's clothes that barely fit him.

It was nothing too fancy, just a pair of grey sweatpants, a white t-shirt, and a plain black hoodie.

When Kairi entered the apartment with the bags in his hands, he didn't expect to hear Alejandro yelling. 

"What do you mean you guys lost the target!? Fuck, where's Robert? I don't give 2 shits Mateo. Where. Is. Robert?" Alejandro screamed into the phone.

Kairi closed the door behind him and walked silently into the kitchen where Alejandro was pacing angrily back and forth.

"Tell Robert to meet me for Friday's mission," Alejandro hissed and ended the call. 

The Costa Rican turned around as his face morphed into shock. Kairi stood timidly as he felt Alejandro's gaze burn into him.

"Ah, shit. How much did you hear?" Alejandro asked sheepishly. 

"Not much. It's not my business anyway. B-But I got you some clothes," Kairi replied, handing Alejandro the bag.

Alejandro's eyes lit up as he pulled the clothes out of that bag.

"I know it's not much but-," Kairi rambled but was cut off when Alejandro tackled him into a crushing bear hug. Kairi squealed as a flurry of butterflies tickled his stomach.

"It's perfect, thank you bubs," Alejandro gushed and then slapped his hands over his mouth.

Kairi's eyes widened at the nickname and he melted inside, tilting his head to the side. 

"My bad, it just slipped out," Alejandro apologized.

Kairi giggled and shushed the boy with a finger to his lips. 

"It's fine, I love that nickname," Kairi said, smiling.

Alejandro took notice of everything about Kairi. The way his eyes sparkled when he called him bubs, the way his eyes turn into little crescents when he smiled, and the way his hair bounced with every lilting step.

They ended up watching season 1 of "All American." Kairi didn't feel like going to his room to get his blanket, so they shared Alejandro's blanket instead. At first, the blanket barely covered both of them up until Kairi snuggled up to Alejandro and they cuddled for the remainder of the night.

It felt normal. When Alejandro'shands threaded their way into Kairi's hair, the Wasian boy melted into his touch, sighing in content. 

It was the simple little things that brought them close together. But it was also the things that would tear them apart.

«  »

Well, I think I have a problem with updating this book and not my other one 😂.