Cold Spell

the next few chapters will be about Maiya's rescue and stuff

yuhhhhh get into it

Author's POV

After a few days, everyone was discharged from the hospital, including the injured men from the mission. They were all free to go back home and Alejandro dismissed all of his comrades so that they could go rest.

Their injuries healed quickly and Kairi had a barely noticeable scar on his thigh. Alejandro's bandages were all off and they were all in great health. Taylor and Robert waved them goodbye and they went their separate ways.

Kairi stepped into his apartment and collapsed onto the couch with a sigh. Oh, how he missed his apartment. His musty and cramped apartment. He was much more grateful for the place than he was before. Alejandro closed and locked the door behind him when he received a message.

The number was unfamiliar but the message was evident.

xxx-xxxx
8 pm. Grand Hall. 2 weeks, October 13. Show up if you want to see the girl again.

"What's wrong?" Kairi asked once he saw Alejandro's stricken expression.

He sat on the couch and sighed. Alejandro showed Kairi the text and the latter's face turned grim. Kairi looked away, tears threatening to spill out of his eyes.

"Why is all of this happening?" Kairi sobbed.

Alejandro's heart clenched. It was all his fault. (and David's)

He pulled Kairi close and patted his head. Kairi leaned closer to Alejandro.

"It's ok. We will save Maiya. Whatever it takes," Alejandro reassured.

Then, came the hard part. Alejandro knew that Kairi would be horrified by the message and would refuse or throw a fit.

"Kai...you can't come save Maiya with us," Alejandro stated.

Kairi's head snapped up and he immediately stood up.

"What?" He asked, vioce cracking.

"I'm sorry but you can't come. It's too dangerous. You know what happened last time. I can't jeopardize your health anymore, I would never forgive myself if you died. Just let my men and I do the work," Alejandro explained.

Kairi was not fazed and looked absolutely furious.

"This is my sister! I need to come with! I can't just let you go out and possibly die. I need to come with. Please," Kairi pleaded.

Alejandro sighed. Kairi was trying to woo him with his infamous puppy eyes again but Alejandro had already made up his mind. He didn't want Kairi to get hurt anymore. Alejandro already felt guilty after Kairi got shot in the leg.

"I'm sorry but no. You can't," Alejandro finished.

Kairi scoffed and stormed off into his bedroom. Alejandro stood by himself in the room and tilted his head up at the ceiling. He made a quick prayer that Kairi would forgive him for this and decided to get ready for bed.

Lo and behold, the air conditioner and heater miraculously malfunctioned Jesus had come in to save the day and their relationship. The temperature dropped down, making the room a chilling 20 degrees. With no heater, this was the defintion of living hell.

The entire apartment building fell into a cold spell. It was autumn and the apartment was frigid like ice. Kairi was bundled up in his fuzzy socks, two blankets, a hoodie, and sweatpants. As he lay in bed, shivering, his mind suddenly focused on Alejandro.

Kairi sat up in bed with a jolt of realization.

Alejandro had no blanket. He must be freezing cold.

Kairi gathered one of his blankets into his arms and shuffled into the living room. He flinched as the air nipped at his face and huffed in annoyance as his teeth clattered. It felt like his fucking nose was going to fall off. Alejandro was shaking in his sleep, curled up in a ball. He also had on socks and sweatpants. But his arms were exposed to the numbing air.

As Kairi draped the blanket over Alejandro, his hand brushed against his arm. Kairi immediatley pulled his hand back. Alejandro was ice cold, a fucking human igloo.

Kairi walked back into his room and lay wrapped up in his blanket. His nose was runny and every breath was minty cold, like drinking cold water after mouthwash. He was nobody to cuddle with, nobody to give him some warmth.

After a few minutes, Kairi couldn't go back to sleep. His mind was fixated on Alejandro. Alejandro, Alejandro, Alejandro. His brain nagged at him to just go back to the boy and his heart agreed.

With a sullen heart, Kairi walked back into the couch with an extra blanket bundled in his arms. He was like a magnet attracted to Alejandro. No matter how much they fought and argued, Kairi always came back to him and they reconciled within a few days.

That's just the way that it is.

Kairi sat on the edge of the couch and ran his fingers through Alejandro's hair. Alejandro stirred in his sleep and smiled as Kairi stroked his head. Kairi sighed and slid under the covers. Instinctively, Alejandro enveloped his arms around the latter and propped his chin on Kairi's head.

Kairi felt comfortable and safe, being buried in Alejandro's embrace. He hummed contentedly. Oh, how he missed this. Just lazily cuddling and being so carefree in the world. Where did that feeling go? Oh wait, it disappeared when he started to date a mafia boss.

No regrets though.

Then, his mind flitted to their agrument about the mission at Grand Hall. Alejandro was only trying to protect him. How could Kairi be mad at him for that? Kairi glanced at Alejandro peaceful state and snuggled closer to him.

Soon, Kairi was lulled to sleep but the steady rhythm of Alejandro's heartbeat.

They were both thankful for the cold spell that brought them back together again.

« »

short chapter

ya'll I'm in the middle of watching Banana Fish (anime) and when I tell you I CRIED like a baby-

that shit was just sad as fuck. ash and eiji belong together das it

anyways, I'm gonna start school soon so be prepared for slower updates