Nervous Wreck

sorry for the late update, the storm blew out my wifi and my house flooded a bit. i'm still adjusting after the hurricane so there will be slow updates for a while now. sorry bbys

Ale's dad- Giacomo

Ale's mom- Maria

Ale's sister- Mia

ik giacomo is mattia's dad's name but that was the previous name and I dint feel like changing it. Emiliano doesn't exist in this book sorry again xx

~~~ means a time skip or a transition to a new place/character

Author's POV

"Your parents?" Kairi whispered.

Kairi knew that Alejandro's relationship with his parents was complicated. He rarely mentioned his parents and kept quiet about the subject, so this was a surprising turn of events. Alejandro nodded, mirroring Kairi's unnerving state.

Maiya stood there awkwardly, embarrassed that she even called out Alejandro for such an insignificant thing. She basically accused him of cheating but, it better safe than sorry.

"Sorry about that," Maiya apologized.

She went to go brush her teeth, leaving Alejandro and Kairi alone in the living room.

"When do we go meet them?" Kairi asked.

"I'm guessing in about a week. Are you sure you can handle the extra work in your classes? We can postpone if you want to," Mattia offered.

"No, it's fine. It's better to just meet them as soon as possible," Kairi replied.

Kairi had his hands clasped tightly in his lap, processing this information. Mattia reached over and held his hand, rubbing small circles on his palm.

"Don't worry bubs, we'll figure it out."

~time skip~

Kairi was swamped with work. He sat at the dinner table, hunched over as his eyes tried to decipher his messy notes. Kairi was so tired that his eyes began to deceive him and that he would zone out from time to time. Maiya was asleep on the couch while Alejandro was pouring Kairi another cup of coffee.

After another hour passed, Alejandro finally spoke up.

"Kai, I think it's time to take a break. It's almost 4 am and you still have classes tomorrow. There's only 3 more days until we leave. You have plenty of time to finish your work," Alejandro said gently.

"No, I have to finish this by tonight. And then I'll get more work tomorrow," Kairi croaked.

Alejandro sighed. Kairi was a mess. His face was pale and his eyes had dark eye bags underneath them and were red. His movements were slow and his eyes drooped, threatening to close. Kairi's body urged him to sleep. In other words, Kairi looked like flashback Mary.

Another 30 minutes passed and Alejandro was struggling to stay awake.

"Tia, go to sleep. It's late," Kairi murmured, his voice soft and faint.

"I'm not sleeping until you do," Alejandro stated stubbornly.

Kairi hung his head in defeat and turned off his MacBook, glaring at Alejandro who had an innocent look on his face, smiling smugly.

"Fine, let's go," Kairi said begrudgingly.

He brushed his teeth and walked into his bedroom to see Alejandro sleeping, back turned. Kairi shuffled over and tried to lay down without making any noise. Alejandro felt the other side of the bed dip down and smiled to himself when Kairi's hands wrapped around him. Kairi's arms were so short, they barely fit around Alejandro's torso.