Meanwhile...

(A small filler chapter for Taylor and Robert)

Author's POV

Taylor woke up with a splitting headache, groaning as she massaged her head. She tried to sit up but was pinned down by masculine arms.

"What the- oh my god," Taylor whispered as she looked at Robert. 

The latter was sleeping peacefully, a light snore emitted from his mouth. Taylor carefully pried Robert's arms off her waist and shuffled off the bed. Just as she tiptoed to the door, a strange feeling shot up her throat and Taylor frowned, her head pounding.

Bile rose to the back of Taylor's throat as she ran to the bathroom with her hand clamped over her mouth. Robert woke up, confused as to why he was alone. Then, he heard the sound of Taylor puking.

"Oh shit," Robert muttered as he kicked off the covers and headed towards the bathroom.

Robert gently pushed the bathroom door open to reveal Taylor bent over the toilet, heaving last night's beverages into the bowl. Taylor's throat burned and her eyes watered from the pain, along with her massive headache.

Not the best way to start the morning.

Robert rushed over and knelt down by Taylor, rubbing her back soothingly. Taylor stopped throwing up and clawed at her throat, tears leaking out the corner of her eyes. Robert's heart squeezed with sympathy as he wiped away the latter's tears.

"I know it hurts baby, let's go rinse out your mouth," Robert said softly, helping Taylor stand up.

Robert flushed the toilet, his face scrunching up in disgust. You would think blood and dead bodies would make Robert immune to gross things but no.

After taking care of Taylor and giving her some Advil, the two sat on the couch, cuddling while watching a movie.

"You good now baby?" Robert asked, looking down at Taylor.

Taylor nodded and snuggled closer to Robert.

"What happened to all of that confidence last night?" Robert teased.

"You saw me in my drunk stage, and that ain't nothing compared to my-" Taylor sassed back but was cut off by the dinging of her phone.

Kairi had sent her an image of him and Alejandro at the carnival, both of they boys grinning brightly.

"Well damn, that boy got Alejandro whipped. Time to bring me my money," Robert snickered.

"What money?" Taylor questioned.

"I bet Alejandro that he was bisexual or gay but he kept on saying that he's straight. Now I get a thousand dollars," Robert said.

"A THOUSAND DOLLARS! HOLY SHIT," Taylor gasped.

'Oh, I forgot she doesn't know about us,' Robert thought.

"Ooh, so y'all are rich rich," Taylor teased.

"Mhm, basically we're billionaires," Robert replied.

Hell, they owed a forth of Europe and almost 20 military bases, along with money from the government and FBI.

"Cap. There's no way," Taylor deadpanned.

"Believe what you want babygirl," Robert yawned.

Robert and Taylor spent the day getting to know each other and went on a small date to watch the sunset. Even though they felt comfortable with each other, Taylor sensed that something was wrong. Robert was being oddly secretive about his job.

'Maybe Robert is a stripper' Taylor thought.

'Hell no, he's straight. And he's too stiff for that. There's no way,' Taylor thought as she shook her head.

"What are you thinking about Tay?" Robert asked, wrapping his arm around Taylor's waist and pulling her close.

"Oh nothing," Taylor replied, leaning her head on Robert's shoulder.

They stayed like that for a while before Robert spoke up.

"I'm gonna be working all weekdays so call me while you can ok?" Robert said.

"You already know it," Taylor sighed.

She saved Robert's contact as 😍Daddy😍 last night and didn't bother changing it. The name fit perfectly.

Taylor looked up at Robert, admiring his features. How did she get so lucky?

"I-I love you," Taylor blurted out.

Robert looked at Taylor in shock before a warm, toothy smile spread across his face. Taylor's heart thumped as she waited for Robert to say the words back, or to not say the words. She was prepared for anything.

"I love you too."

«  »

Very short chapter but whatever

I think I'm rushing the plot line a bit so bear with me for the next few chapters