Indebted

This chapter is so late, I'm sorry 💀

Here's the chapter of David

On another note, how would you guys feel if I made a Mairi oneshot? I'm really excited to write one but I want your feedback first.

Author's POV

David stood in the dimly lit room, staring while the men tied up his son to a chair. He sighed. How could he let it get so out of hand?

21 years ago......

David sat down in defeat, his mind scrambled from the alcohol. The casino blared with music as the woman in front of him cackled. He had gone drinking with some friends and they dragged him here to the casino.

"Another 20 grand eh? Are you sure about that?" The woman asked.

Her words went in David's ear and came out another. Everything was warbled and muffled, like a dream.

"Sure," David blurted without hesitation.

He knew he was chest deep in debt. His consciousness was begging him to walk out of the building but the alcohol gave him this buzz that urged him to keep on playing.

At home, David's wife sat on the couch, worried sick for her husband. She rubbed her baby bump in a feeble attempt to calm herself down.

Hours passed.

David bet more money than he even had. The woman in front of him was tittering with excitement. She was ecstatic to receive the large amount cash. When David had to pay up, he snapped out of it and ran away.

"I'll find you!" The woman screeched as David scrambled drunkenly out of the casino.

He owed the woman 500k at the least. David shook his head, clearing his mind of the overwhelming stress. The gravity of the situation hadn't hit him yet. As David walked home, he felt oddly uncomfortable, as if someone was following him.

David picked up the pace and ran back home. As he opened the door, his wife pulled him in and smacked him upside the head.

"Where have you been?! It's almost 3 in the morning!" She scolded.

"I went drinking with a few friends and I kinda got carried away. Sorry mi amor," David apologized while rubbing his head.

He contemplated about telling his wife about the gambling but decided to bring it up when she was in a good mood. After all, she shouldn't stress during her pregnancy.

Her eyes softened and she wrinkled her nose.

"Aish, you should go change. You smell like shit," she muttered and walked to the bedroom.

David let out a little sigh of relief and chuckled. There was nothing to worry about. After all, how could the woman even find him? David reached into his pocket and gasped.

He dropped his wallet at the casino. He was for sure fucked now.

"Stupid, stupid, stupid!" David hissed at himself. He mentally beat himself for being so careless.

The next day, David left for work. He worked at a corporate building as an office manager. When his lunch break rolled by, David went down the street to a little cafe.

As he waited in line, David felt oddly uncomfortable and looked around. A certain man caught his eye. He wore a trench coat and dark tinted sunglasses along with an earpiece.

David gulped and focused on his order.

"Hello sir! What can I get for you?" The cashier chirped.