Father Figure

FUCK.

Author's POV

"Kairi, I'm your father," the man said awkwardly. He dreaded to see Kairi's reaction. He knew that Kairi would hold a deep hatred towards him and that Kairi was gonna hate him even more after this.

Kairi stood with his mouth open, eyes blown out in disbelief. He pinched himself. This had to be a dream. There was no way.

The resemblance was undeniable. He had the exact short height (although David was slightly taller) with the same face shape and nose.

(A/N: not really but I couldn't think of anything)

"D-Dad?" Kairi choked out.

He took a hesitant step and engulfed his father into a tight hug. Kairi couldn't believe it. Just as the happy moment of meeting his father simmered down, the loathe he had for his father's disappearance started to boil.

Kairi retaliated from the man, gazing at him with hurt eyes.

"Why can I trust you now? Where have you been my entire life? You never showed up, you never tried to reach out to me, and you weren't there when Mom died. I grew up without a father figure. Do you know how hard it was seeing everybody with their father, living happily when I was here wondering about where the hell was mine? It felt like you never even cared about me," Kairi whispered.

Tears burned in his eyes, threatening to spill but he blinked them back. He couldn't afford to show weakness at this moment. Not when he held the upper hand.

"Kairi, I know that what I  about to say isn't going to make up for the hurt and absence that I've caused you after all of these years. I know I haven't been the best father figure but I'm willing to make it up to you if you forgive me. Although I've never showed up these years, I've always thought about you. Please Kairi, will you forgive me?" His dad pleaded.

Kairi was taken aback by his father's response and he gave a slow nod. His father's face broke out into a wide toothy grin.

Then Kairi remembered.

His father shot Alejandro. His father was involved with the mafia. His father is dangerous.

Fear started to creep into his senses and Kairi distanced himself from his father. His dad looked at him confusingly.

"Kairi? What's wrong?" His dad asked.

"N-No. Just go away. I'm sorry dad, but you can't be trusted. I know what you did," Kairi muttered and started to back up.

David stepped back, alarmed. How did Kairi find out? Oh wait, he was with Alejandro. Or course.

Just when David was about to speak up, his earpiece crackled and a familiar voice blared from the chip.

"Hurry up, David. The faster we get the boy, the faster Alejandro will come," Donovan urged.

David sighed in defeat. Regret coursed through his veins as he pulled out a baseball bat from behind him.

"I'm sorry Kairi. I really don't wanna do this," David apologized.

"Do what?" Kairi asked as David started to walk towards him.

Kairi backed up. His eyes widened as David started to run towards him. Kairi turned around and sprinted away. His anxiety shot through the roof when he heard footsteps thunder behind him.

Just as Kairi rounded an alley not far from his apartment, David caught up to the boy and swung the bat.

Kairi cried out as the wood connected to his leg and he tumbled to the ground. He turned on his back and scrabbled away. David held the bat over his head, guilt clouding his mind as he gazed into Kairi's fearful eyes.

"Dad.....please," Kairi begged. Hot tears streamed down his face as his leg ached with pain.

"Sorry Kairi," David whispered.

He knocked Kairi unconscious and pressed a button on his earpiece.

"It's done. Now hurry up," David said.

"Good job, David. I knew there was still some use to you," Donovan cackled

Not long after, a  black minivan pulled up in the alley and they dragged Kairi into the back. The van sped away, driving off into the dark night.

Hours and hours had passed. Alejandro sat on the couch, eyes fixated on the doorknob, waiting for Kairi to come. It was 11 pm and there was no sign of the latter. He paced the floor, hoping that Kairi would come soon.

Alejandro even contacted Taylor but Taylor was just as distressed as he was. Kairi never picked up any of his 37 calls and Alejandro started to get anxious. Kairi was never late.

At least, not unless he notified him.

Just as Alejandro was about to go insane, he got a notification on his phone.

Unknown Number
If you wanna find your little boyfriend, go to the Rosas base. You have exactly 24 hours or else we're gonna blow his brains out.

"Oh shit," Alejandro cursed as he threw his phone on the ground.

The screen shattered but Alejandro could care less about it. He was seething with rage. He had enough of all of this bullshit. He was gonna go get Kairi back.

Alejandro dug through his clothes and found the pair of clothes that he wore the night he met Kairi. He pulled out a device and pressed a button, sending out distress signals to his men.

Alejandro drove to the warehouse where Roshaun, Mateo, Nico, and Robert were waiting. Another figure popped out of the shadows, followed by a group of Alejandro's men.

Alvaro.

The boy glanced at Alejandro and nodded for him to begin. The air was thick with tension and Alejandro's face was grim.

"Alright, here's the plan."

« »

Short chapter