The Plan

go and check out my new book!

and for the last time people, Donovan is Valerie's son

Author's POV

"You wanna do WHAT?" Maiya asked incredulously. 

Kairi merely nodded in response. His plan also sounded unrealistic to his ears. 

The two were sitting on Kairi's bed, sharing a large bowl of Doritos.

"We could at least try. There's no point in waiting forever. We both know that Valerie isn't gonna let any of us leave this building. Please, will you help me Maiya? You know the building the best and Valerie can't hurt you," Kairi pleaded.

Maiya sighed. She couldn't resist her brother's begging.

"Fine, but only because I want you to be happy and that Valerie can't touch me," Maiya finished.

"Thanks," Kairi smiled and then opened the drawer on his vanity.

Kairi pulled out a long sheet of paper along with some pencils as Maiya ran into her room ad came back with a long rolled up scroll. They locked the door and spread out the items on the ground.

Maiya unreavled the scroll to reveal a blueprint of the entire mansion, along with the locations of the vents and hidden rooms. 

"Ok, so Alejandro is there and everyone is held captive in the basement," Maiya said, pointing at the map. "Alejandro would be in chains at night since Valerie chains her victims after the straitjacket part. We just need something that would break the metal."

"Every guard has keys to the basement and the room that Alejandro is in. Every single room downstairs is locked up every night. All we need to do is to get a pair of keys. Then, we can bust in at night when everyone is sleeping. Once we free everyone, we can head to the weapon room and armor up. And then we battle our way out. Also, look at what I found," Maiya stated.

Kairi merely nodded and soaked in the information.

She pulled Kairi's phone out of her pocket, eyes shining with pride.

"Holy shit! Thanks. We can call Taylor and she can be our getaway driver," Kairi suggested. 

They quickly made copies of the mansion blueprint, sketching it out for hours. Then, they wrote the plan on the backside and folded up the papers. They guessed that there were about 50 prisoners in total.

"The first night, we take the keys and drop off these papers for everyone.  And I mean every single person in the basement. We need to free them all. Then, we give one to Alejandro. The next night, we'll give them weapons and we'll plan our escape route. Finally, we break out during lunch on the following day. That's when the guards come in to give the captives their food and we'll take them down. I just hope that Taylor will be waiting outside once we're done," Kairi recited.

He took a deep breath.

"Everything must go to plan. There can't be any flaws or else we'll all die," Maiya pointed out.

"Gee, way to put on the pressure," Kairi snorted.

"Oh shut up," Maiya giggled.

"Come to my room at 1 am. Everyone should be asleep by then," Kairi said.

Maiya nodded and scurried out of Kairi's room, shaking with fear and anticipation for the plan they were about to execute. Kairi messaged Taylor and the girl flooded his notifications with texts. Mostly concerning Robert. Kairi sent a long paragraph explaining his predicament and told Taylor about being their getaway driver. Taylor immediately agreed and Kairi thanked his friend.