Thunder

A/N: I'm gonna be writing in author's POV most of the time but, would anyone rather read in Kairi and Alejandro's POV? Just wondering.

Author's POV

The light, calming drizzle soon morphed into a nasty thunderstorm, with pelting rain and violent winds. Kairi woke up as a streak of lightning flashed across his window, dousing the room with a bright light. A loud clap of thunder soon followed and Kairi flinched, his heart racing.

He sat up, trembling as another thunderous boom met his ears. Kairi had always been afraid of thunderstorms. It was his pathological fear. Ever since his mother died during a storm in a car accident, the fear of thunderstorms scarred him forever.

Hot tears rolled down his cheeks as Kairi stifled a sob. He clamped his hands over his ears as rain slammed harshly against his window. He could feel his heart race with every earsplitting boom as tears cascaded down his cheeks.

A particular deafening clap of thunder sent a loud sob tumbling out of his lips as Kairi screwed his eyes shut. 

"Please, please just go away," Kairi whispered as he bit his lip.

Alejandro lay awake on the couch after the thunder woke him up. He opened his messages one more time before setting his phone on the coffee table. Flashbacks to all of the people he killed during a storm flickered across his mind. The screams, the pleading, and the blood.

Alejandro had no remorse. He had a purpose for killing. They were usually criminals or, they messed with his mafia. 

Alejandro tried to sleep but his conscience beckoned him to stay awake. A bad feeling twisted in his gut as he shuffled around in the blanket. Just as Alejandro closed his eyes, a faint sob pricked his ears. Alejandro sat up and heard small sniffles, so quiet, he had to strain his ears to hear them.

Is Kairi crying?

Alejandro stealthily crept down the hall and rested his hand on the doorknob, debating on whether or not he should go inside. He slowly turned the knob and stepped into the darkroom, closing the door behind him.

The small cries and sniffles were more prominent now. Alejandro saw Kairi bundled up in his sheets, shaking. 

"Kairi?" Alejandro said softly. He sat beside the boy on the bed, hesitantly putting his arms around him.

Kairi looked up at Alejandro with tears stained cheeks and glossy eyes before he broke out into a series of cries. Lightning streaked across the sky as another violent clap of thunder followed. 

"A-Alejandro," Kairi rasped and hugged the latter tightly. 

Alejandro felt a pang in his heart each time a broken sob fell past Kairi's lips. He pulled the small boy into his lap and rocked him gently, stroking his hair. Kairi let out a contented sigh as he pressed himself closer to Alejandro.

"Shhhh, it's ok. I got you," Alejandro said reassuringly.

Kairi felt safe being in Alejandro's arms. He only knew him for 2 days and yet, the boy made him feel protected. As for Alejandro, he could hardly believe that he was doing this right now. If Robert ever found out, he would never hear the end of it. Kairi changed him in a course of 2 days. He was special.

"Kairi, you have class tomorrow. You need to sleep," Alejandro said.

(A/N: all of this is happening on a Monday night)

Kairi nodded as Alejandro set him down on the bed. As Alejandro was getting ready to head back to the couch, Kairi grabbed the sleeve of his hoodie. Alejandro looked back in surprise.

"Please, can you stay with me," Kairi pleaded, making his signature puppy eyes.

"Of course," Alejandro responded and thanked his lucky stars.

He got under the covers and Kairi shuffled closer to Alejandro, resting his head in the crook of his neck. Alejandro's chin was sitting on top of Kairi's head as they cuddled. Kairi hugged Alejandro tight every time the thunder boomed as Alejandro rubbed small circles on his back.

There was no denying it, the pair made each other feel some type of way. Butterflies fluttered in Kairi's stomach as Alejandro's hands slipped under the hem of his shirt, rubbing circles on his skin. 

Soon, Kairi was snoring softly and Alejandro soon succumbed to sleep.

«  »

This was just a short filler chapter. It's not even 1,000 words, sorry.

The 2 chapters will also be filler chapters leading up to the main event so stay tuned.

But, um yeah. Bye. 

(edited)