Bad News

(A/N: so, we're not gonna mention the fact that I lit rally don't have a clue of what I'm writing and that this is a late update 😍)

Author's POV

Kairi woke up early and wriggled out of Alejandro's bear hug. He had forgiven Alejandro but things still weren't 100% back to normal. It irked him that Alejandro was hiding something so mysterious and horrible that it could possibly wreck their relationship.

But it already did.

It tore and severed the tight bond of trust between the two. But, just because it was broken doesn't mean it can't be mended.

Kairi made himself a cup of coffee and microwaved a Hot Pocket. He gave Alejandro a sideways glance before running over and bending down by the couch.

"I'm going to class now, I love you bubba. Bye," he whispered and then left, locking the door behind him.

As soon as the door slammed shut, Alejandro smiled. He was fake sleeping the whole time. Kairi's words sent a flurry of butterflies to flutter in Alejandro's chest.

Alejandro was brushing his teeth when he suddenly got a call from Robert.

"Hey man," Alejandro warbled with toothpaste frothing out his mouth.

"Alejandro." Robert's  voice held no emotion except seriousness.

"I have some good news and a lot of bad news. The Rosas refused to surrender and are now rebelling against us. Apparently, Donovan is the heir to the Rosas throne and he teamed up with the target," Robert's voice crackled over the speaker.

Alejandro choked on his toothpaste.

"Excuse me, what the fuck? Which target?" Alejandro demanded.

"The one that shot you when you met Kairi. Remember Mr. Lopez?" Robert replied.

(No, not Tony Lopez. This has nothing to do with their family)

"Luckily, we found one of his family connections. Tonight, we're abducting them and ransoming or some shit until they surrender. It's gonna be a long night so I suggest you be prepared. Meet up at the warehouse at 8 pm. You can meet the family member tonight. Our agents are doing the abduction," Robert said.

"Alright, shit. What are you gonna be doing?" Alejandro asked, trying to lighten the dire situation.

"Me and the boys are defending our asses at the military base in Brooklyn. It should only take a day to end the attack. The Rosas sent their troops to attack us," Robert sighed.

"Good luck. See you tomorrow then," Alejandro said and then hung up.

"Damn," he muttered as he ran his fingers through his hair.

Why did the mafia have to be so fucking stressful? It's bloodshed one day and peace the next. And then the cycle started all over again, relentlessly with no rest whatsoever.

Alejandro spent the rest of the day in the apartment walking around and preparing himself to go meet the victim.

He dressed in black jeans and a plain hoodie. There was nothing to suspect when he exited the apartment. Alejandro decided to walk to the warehouse.

It was a long distance to walk but Alejandro had no plans tonight. If he came home late again, Kairi would definitely be pissed again. But it didn't matter because they were still in a weird love and hate relationship at the moment. Besides, things couldn't get worse with Kairi right now right?

Right?

at 7:00 pm.....

Kairi finished his classes and stopped by at Subway to grab some food.

"Should I get Mattia a sandwich?" He wondered as his eyes scanned the menu.

Kairi got both of them sandwiches for dinner and walked back to his apartment. He set the bag of food on the ground as he dug through his backpack for his keys. There was some bass music playing downstairs, indicating that there was a party. Everyone was probably getting drunk there.

A faint rustle and patter of footsteps caused his head to jerk up. Kairi looked around warily before continuing to search for his keys.

Alas, the gleam of copper shined in the dark and Kairi quickly inserted in the key. All of a sudden, a piece of cloth was pressed over his face and Kairi was thrown to the ground.

"What the hell!" Kairi screamed as a man dressed in all black lunged at him.

Kairi ducked and attempted to scramble away when the man grabbed his ankle and pulled him to the floor. His head slammed against the ground, pain flaring up his forehead.

Kairi's knee instinctively swung up and the man didn't even flinch.

'Holy hell he has iron balls,' Kairi thought.

The man brought the piece of cloth up to his face again. Kairi struggled to get out of the man's grip and panicked. So he did the thing that he saw in the movies.

He head-butted the guy.

The sickening sound of their heads colliding filled the quiet place as Kairi but his tongue to refrain himself from screaming out in pain. But the man recovered quicker than Kairi did.

"You put up a tough fight I'll admit. Just what we suspected from a Lopez," the man rumbled, rubbing his head.

He grabbed Kairi by the throat and pushed the boy against the wall. Kairi gasped and clawed at his hands, feeling lightheaded and dizzy. His feet dangled off the ground, kicking ferociously.

Every ticking second that passed by, Kairi could feel his oxygen intake decrease, his consciousness slowly slip away. He gagged as the man pressed the cloth to his face again.

"That's right, breathe it in," the masked man said, tightening his grip on Kairi's neck.

 The chemicals made his eyes and nose burn as he breathed it in. Kairi got sleepy and quickly recognized the chemical as chloroform. His eyes blinked slowly as he saw the man grin before his vision went black. 

The man hoisted Kairi over his shoulder. He glanced at the Subway bag before snatching the sandwiches and headed to his van. Surely the boss wouldn't mind if he got some free dinner?

Just before he could get a bite of the sub, his phone rang. His eyes widened as he recognized the contact number immediately. 

"I'm already 20 minutes away from the warehouse. You better be there with the hostage by the time I get there, Alex," the voice blared from the speakers.

"Yes, of course boss. I'll be there soon," Alex replied.

"Good. Also, grab me some lunch on the way. And stop with the fucking formality, it's weird. Call me by my name," his boss said.

"Of course, Alejandro," Alex smiled and hung up. So much for his sub sandwich.

«  »

#JusticeForGeorgeFloyd

This chapter is for you George 🥺❤️

It sickens me that he died from a police officer. Not to mention the bystanders begging the officer to get off and that George was pleading for his life. The officer only got fired for murder. He fucking deserves JAIL. America is not fucking great and it's embarrassing to say that this type of shit actually happens in this 'free country.'

But the violence on the police officers and shattering their cars? In my opinion, that's taking it too far. The tear gassing and rubber bullets are just insane. But the fact that some people already came with milk prepared for that treatment makes me sick.

So that was a long ass rant but I needed to get that out of my system.

Also, I'm pretty sure that everybody saw this ending coming because ya gurl isn't good at this. Anyways, stay safe guys and I love you all ❤️.