019

A few days passed as the girls and you are eating lunch at the cafeteria, Yera and Areum are arguing with each other again like always. SeolHyun was nowhere to be found but you just ignored it, she can do whatever she wants.

"Oh yeah, we have something to tell you Y/N."

"Spill."

You shoved a piece of meat in your mouth lazily while staring at your two friends, "I'll be going to London for a few months next week." Areum said.

"And I'll be visiting my grandpa at the countryside as well. The doctor said my grandpa is waiting for his time." Yera said as you understood what she said. "So I'll be alone for a few months?" you said while shoving another piece of meat in your mouth. Your two close friends nodded as Areum sniffed and hugged you, rubbing her head against yours. "I'll miss you so much Y/N-ie!" she cried.

"Yah, stop being weird." Yera rolled her eyes as you just sighed and patted Areum's head. "It's fine, go with your family. I'll be fine." you muttered as the two looked at each other feeling bad for you. You noticed the looks they gave you and gripped the chopsticks in your hand, "I said I'm fine." you snapped making the two of them apologized.

Sighing at them you just put down your chopsticks, "Sorry."

You're happy that your friends are close with their family even if yours is already ruined, but getting that look of pity from the workers at your father's company everytime he throws those company parties isn't something a 12 year old could endure. You grew to despise anyone who gave you that look, it made you feel weak. Pathetic.

"Hey, sorry. My stomach hurt so I had to ran as soon as Mr.Noh dismissed us." SeolHyun waved as she sat down at your table. "Did you wash your hands?" Areum whispered earning a smack from Yera.

"Gross. Who do you think SeolHyun is?" she scolded making Areum pout.

SeolHyun looked at you as you just stared on your half empty food tray.

By the end of the week Yera and Areum are already gone leaving you... oh and SeolHyun.

"Hey Y/N, want to do the project later at your place?" SeolHyun asked as she went to your desk, you looked up from your phone and raised your eyebrow. "And I want to do that why?" you asked her. SeolHyun shrugged and sat next to you, "I don't know, I mean, that project will be like 50% for our finals to graduate from here." she hummed.

You just stared at her, "Does it have to be my place?" you asked as SeolHyun nodded, "Your place is better." shrugging at her answer you just agreed making SeolHyun squeal.

"I'll buy us snacks!"

"We have maids for that."

"Awesome."

Jimin: Can I come over?

You: No

Jimin: but :(

You: I said no puppy

Jimin: damn that's hot 🥵

"Who's that?"

You put your phone away quickly as SeolHyun got back from the washroom, "Nothing." you said before opening your book as you just listened to SeolHyun babble on about the project and just did whatever was needed for the project. You never did any of these so called school project because you never bothered.

But SeolHyun always try to drag you to do it.

"Y/N?"

"Mom?" your mother gave you a small smile as she walked inside with a tray of snacks. "I heard you girls were doing homework so I bought you two some desserts." you stared at the colourful cakes on the tray before looking at your mother. Before you could say anything SeolHyun gasped earning both of your attention, "You're Lim Yena! That actress, oh my god your mother is Yena?" you could literally see the sparkle in SeolHyun's eyes as your mother just smiled.

"My, it's hard to see youngsters recognize me nowadays." your mother said as you just stared at her.

How many years has it been since mother have an actual smile?

SeolHyun just let out a small giggle, "My mother was a fan of Call of Love and I watched it with her when I was 14."

"Well that made me feel a bit old." your mother let out a breathy laugh before looking at you. "What's wrong honey?" she asked as you just shook your head and went back to your work. "Well, I'll leave you two. If you need anything just call Kora." she left you both as SeolHyun looked at you. "No wonder I felt your face was familiar. You look like your mother so much." She kept of gushing as you just pushed her head as she was already scooting closer to you.

"Get back to work."

It was around 7pm when you two decided to call it a day. "You sure you don't want our driver to drop you off?" you asked watching SeolHyun put on her shoes as she nodded, "It's okay, the last bus is at 9pm anyways. Thanks for having me Y/N." she bowed at you.

"Sure and SeolHyun..."

"Hmm?"

"Don't tell anyone about my mother. She's trying to lay low for a while as she's on break." you said as SeolHyun nodded, "Of course don't worry. I always keep my promises." she winked as you just nodded waving her goodbye one last time as you went inside. Your mother walked out as you stared at her,

"Did your friend went home?"

"Yeah she just left. If you're worried about her telling someone I already told her about it."

"Okay, go wash up and have dinner."

You nodded while your mother went upstairs making you sigh. The dinging sound of your phone showed that you received a text.

Jimin: are you asleep yet? :(

You: what do you want

Jimin: hmph don't be mean baby i just missed you

You: you just missed my body park

Jimin: I'm hurt

You: whatever

Jimin: anyway, you want to drop by the office tomorrow ;) it's a Saturday we can go have a date after my meeting

You: fine

Jimin:

Your face somehow heated up at his picture before giving yourself a slap on the face. "Stop it Y/N." you cursed at yourself before leaving him on seen knowing how much he hates it.

You'll deal with him tomorrow.

And you thought about it with a smirk.

***
👀