Just You & Me!

Two Days Later

--------------------

It's Saturday afternoon and Oberoi Mansion is getting decorated for some function.Dadi and Pinky are talking to themselves while watching the ongoing work.Annika comes and joins them.

A:  Ma,Dadi...What is all these?

D:  Tomorrow is Karva Chauth puttar.All these decorations are for that.

A:  Oh,I see.

P:  It is going to be your first Karva Chauth after marriage.Have you planned anything separately?Every function after marriage tends to be very special.Me and Mummy ji were thinking........Shivaay comes there-

S:  Mom,I don't think Annika would be able to keep the Karva Chauth's fast.It's very difficult.Not everyone's cup of tea!

A:  Are you challenging me?

D:  Listen Annika puttar,if you don't want to fast then let it be.And Billu is right.I have seen girls falling ill because of day long fasting.On top of that you had been unwell.Perhaps you won't be able to stay in empty stomach.So I told Pinky not to pressurize you for this Karva Chauth.This fasting a married woman keeps for her husband's long life and longevity.But it should be done without compromising with her own health and wellness.So don't worry about it puttar.

P:  Mummy ji is right beta.You were ill and I don't want to take risk....Annika thinks for a while then says-

A:  I will keep the fast of Karva Chauth.

S:  Are you.....sure?

A:  Of course.It's decided.

Dadi and Pinky both smile watching them.

Some Time Later

______________

Shivaay's Room

----------------------

Shivaay is drinking coffee while checking files.Annika comes there and takes away the mug out of his hand.With a thud she puts it down then says-

A:  Why were you saying that I won't be able to keep the fast?

He says nothing.Smiling,he turns his back then starts going through a file,again.Annika comes in front of him then snatches the file too.

A:  I need my answer,now.

S:  What I will say won't please you so drop it.

A:  Try me......Shivaay takes a deep breath then says-

S:  I hope you know this karva chauth fasting is mainly for married women.

A:  So?

S:  You too are a wife,a married woman.But....do you really consider yourself a married woman?Just wearing nuptial chain and vermilion don't make a girl a wife here,it's you.Staying up in an empty stomach is not a big deal.A wife goes through the rigorous fasting of 15-16 hours without having a drop of water because,she believes in her marriage,her husband,her conjugal life.She does that out of love and respect for her husband,to strengthen the bond they share.

You have not accepted me as your husband let alone the relation.Perhaps you consider yourself as the daughter-in-law of the Oberoi  Khandan but hardly my wife.You have told me countless times you would never accept me as your husband as simple as that.You have no regards for this marriage.Given all these,if you want to keep this fast,you will only insult it in return.

I don't want you to do it just because you thought I challenged you or for anything else.If you ever can bring yourself to believe that you are my wife,you can perform the karva chauth.Otherwise...don't go for it.

Annika stood stunned.Almost every word he uttered was oozing out truth.When she does not consider herself as Shivaay's wife then what's her right to celebrate the Karva Chauth?

She looks away for a while then says-

A:  You are right.I am still unable to see myself as a married woman.In another words,as your wife.But tell me this,don't you consider yourself as my husband?Didn't you accept me as your wife?

S:  Yes I did.With all my heart.

A: This reason is enough to prepare myself for the karva chauth's fasting.Your words were screaming out in my ears that I would opt to hypocrisy if I would keep this sacred fast.You tried to show me my place through my eyes.I could have refused for fasting if I wanted when Dadi was saying all those as to my health.But deep down,I felt myself ready to give it a chance.

I agree,that time it didn't come to my mind that I have not accepted this marriage nor you as my husband.This institution of marriage is new to me.By performing this "Vrat",I wanted to give it a chance from my side!Perhaps......You don't want me to do that!Perhaps you have taken my feelings and me for granted!

Saying all those Annika leaves.It was very clear from her words that Shivaay hurt Annika the way he shaped his words.It's possible that Annika has developed a soft corner in her heart for their relation and unknowingly,he has thrown a pointed arrow targeting that place.This only means,the damage is done.

Standing alone in the room,Shivaay says in his mind-

".....I should not have brought up that topic.Don't know why I could not stop myself.The husband in me revolted all of a sudden.Annika was not at fault at all.Such a simple matter it was but I made it so complicated........."

Shivaay gave Annika a piece of his mind unknowingly only to realize later that he should not have done so.

Later At Night,Around 3:30 am

__________________________

Annika comes out of the washroom after talking a bath.She comes near the dressing table and finds a yellow rose on a hand made Sorry card.Shivaay put it there.Annika takes the rose and opens the card.Inside,it's written-

"....Not that long have become a husband.Plz forgive my mistake for mistaking you.I am sorry Annika...."

She smiles then retires to get ready.

Hall

-----

Dadi presents Pinky her Sargi and other gifts.Annika comes there and she receives her Sargi from Pinky.She touches Pinky and Dadi's feet.They sit down together.Staffs are bringing food items to eat.Pinky says-

P:  This is your first Karva Chauth so Shivaay made your favorite dishes.Let me feed you.....Pinky puts a spoonful of badam ka halwa into Annika's mouth.Shivaay comes there and says-

S:  Will feed your daughter-in-law only?

P:  Have I refused you?Here,have it.....She feeds him.

A:  One second,why are you eating?Are you planning to keep fast?

P:  Woh actually it's the tradition of our.........She couldn't finish as Shivaay gestured her secretly.He says-

S:  Why only you girls should enjoy these delicious food items?I thought,let's have some bite too!

A:  Where am I stopping you even?Eat your heart out!

S:  Thank you!

Annika resumes her eating.Shakti and Priyanka come and join everyone.While gossiping,Dadi and Pinky share their experiences of Karva Chauth fasting which rest of the people enjoy listening to.