After The Eclipse!

Annika was smeared in blood with Shivaay in her arms when Khanna arrived with the car on the spot of accident.He wasted no time in questioning and took everything in his hand.Even if he tried,a single word wouldn't have come out of Annika's mouth.When he reached hospital,family members were already present there getting informed.All were shaken beyond measure.After examining Shivaay,doctors opted to operate on urgent basis.There Annika had been grabbing Shivaay's hand in her grip like she would never let him go,at any cost.Nurses requested her to let go then tried to free her hand in order to take Shivaay to the OT but got unsuccessful.Family members too tried but that too went in vain.It seemed she got hold of Shivaay's soul,not his physical body.If she loosed her grip,she would lose him,forever.If they wanted her to let go Shivaay,they would have to cut away her hand- Annika's silent,blank expressions screamed.But then,she relented and unfastened the grip.The moment she did,everything around her spun with great speed and she fainted,then and there.

When Shivaay was fighting for his life in the OT,Annika was suffering from the same fate.The Oberois were on the verge of losing their children.Annika's nerves were dropping at a dangerous level and tranquilizers were being pushed to revive her back.Despite everything,Annika stubbornly refused to budge.After long  continuous efforts,she responded.Later,heavy dose of sleeping injection was given to her and she went to sleep.

Upon waking up,Annika gets to know that Shivaay has slipped into coma at the operation table.She darts out of her room without heeding the pleadings of everyone in that unstable condition.Her vision was blurry and she was feeling dizzy still dragged herself to the cabin where Shivaay is shifted to,after the operation.Collapsing beside him,Annika's sunken eyes watch her husband is breathing through the oxygen mask,wrapped in multiple bandages.She raises her trembling hand to touch him but stops in the midair.She covers her mouth instead.Then,clutching the bed sheet in her fists she whispers-

A: ......Why,why,why,why,why,why...Why you took the promise from me not to leave you ever?To twist it like this?Don't you know that I can't live without you?How could you be so selfish,how?How could you............She starts crying.

It's all my fault.I should have been in your place.Why did you...........Tears are gushing out uncontrollably.She stops crying all of a sudden.

No,I won't cry anymore.It's not the time to shed tears.I have to be strong and I will,no matter what.For you,for me and for our family.I won't be weak.You have to open your eyes.And I will make sure you do.................................As Annika said,she became the strength of her family in the absence of Shivaay.They returned to Mumbai and Shivaay was brought back to Oberoi Mansion after consulting doctors.His further treatments were being given there.Everyday Annika woke up in the hope of Shivaay's coming out of coma.She was everyone's hope at OM in that dark time.They stepped out of their mourning state for her sake and tried to lead the previous normal life no matter how hard it was.

In this way,two months got passed.

Oberoi Mansion

----------------------

Annika is getting ready for the college.She catches the reflection of Shivaay in the mirror who is lying on the bed,as still as a painting.She says from there-

A: .......I have an important class test today.Won't you wish me good luck?What did you say?I don't need it as I top every time?Come on Shivaay,it's just a simple wishing.Now wish me......Thank you so much dear husband.Oh,I forgot to share.You know what happened yesterday?I went to the office with Papa.He updated me about all the projects you had been working on.Every staff member misses you Shivaay.I have assured them you will be joining soon.Am I right or am I right?She goes near the dressing table to pick up the books.

I have asked Dadi to make your favourite breakfast today.Let me tell you,I am taking care of your kitchen apron.Sometimes I wear it then join Ma and Dadi in the kitchen especially on Sundays.We talk about you while preparing food.What do we talk?Your never ending fondness of sleeping.Don't you think you are taking it too far?Hmm.....Yeah,right.But I am not missing you,not even a bit!I am very,very busy.....Look,you are making me getting late.I should hurry..............................Dadi and Pinky were standing in front of the door,watching Annika.They come inside with the tray of breakfast.She hugs them smiling.Three of them get busy in chatting while sharing breakfast.Later Annika leaves for the college with Priyanka.Standing in front of the main door,Pinky says to Dadi-

P: How easily she hides her tears behind those smiles!It hurts me to see her like this....She sighs.

D: I know dear.But,what can we do?May God put an end to her and our ordeal,soon................Few days later Vasundhara pays a visit to OM to see Shivaay.While returning,she takes Annika along with her on Pinky's request.

Sawapnolok

___________

Annika is in her room,in the balcony.Vasundhara is also there.She is going through family album and trying to make Annika engage in a conversation.But she doesn't react much.She drifts from the topic then says-

A: ........Mom,how did you manage to lead your life without Dad all these years?It's been two months Shivaay slipped into coma but I feel like two hundred years got passed!His condition is killing me inside,bit by bit.Saansein toh main le rahi hu par har saans mein meri jaan nikal jati hain!I never regretted being alone in the past rather I preferd.Now this loneliness haunts me day and night,scares me to death..............Vasundhara puts her hand on Annika's head then says softly-

V: Why are you sounding like everything has finished?Stop blaming yourself for what happened.It will do little good.You want to know na how I am managing myself till date without Harsh?I never ever bring this thought in my mind that he is no more.Whenever I close my eyes,I find him around me.He lives in my memories,in everything I do.Harsh is my ultimate support system,inspiration,encouragement and strength.

More than these,he is my Love,the Love of my life.His love is the elixir of my life and that's how I am still going on ahead.....Tell me one thing- Don't you love Shivaay?Annika doesn't answer and from her facial expressions it's clear that she is hurt.Realizing that Vasundhara changes the topic.She says smiling-

Here,look at this pic.It's from one of my wedding photographs.When you were small,you turned the house upside down in anger saying how could we dare put you out of the photograph!We tried to make you understand but you were least convinced.Everyone was laughing at you while you were busy crying and complaining at a stretch!Do you remember how Geetika used to tease you on this?

She looks at Annika.This time there is no expression on her face.She stands up followed by Vasundhara.

A: You know Mom I told Shivaay,I told him that me and happiness can never be put into the same bracket.Life has always demanded price for my each happiness.You married me off with Shivaay and in no time he became the source of my happiness,became my everything.And life couldn't tolerate it and decided to jinx.It took away my...my Shivaay from me.Didn't even let me tell how much I love him,how special and how much he means to me.That accident mercilessly trampled the tender blossom of my love and I could do nothing.He...He was smiling holding my hands Mom(She lifts her trembling hands)

Can you imagine how painful it was?I...I will never forgive myself...........Here Annika stops.She struggles to speak but looks like words got stuck in her throat.Darkness covers her sight and she collapses.Vasundhara grabs Annika before she can fall.She has fainted.Fear grips Vasundhara's heart watching her daughter's condition.

Then,doctor is being called immediately.After checking Annika,doctor advises to take care of her diet.He adds,she seems weak and perhaps neglecting her food and proper rest.It would be better if she stays away from any kind of tension and stressful situation.Later the doctor leaves prescribing medicine and few tests.Sitting beside an unconscious Annika,Vasundhara becomes deeply worried remembering doctor's words.If this continues,her daughter won't survive long.She makes a heartfelt,silent prayer to the Almighty to restore everything,to perform some miracle.