A Little Closer!

".....Sun Mere Humsafar,Kya Tujhe Itni Si Bhi Khabar,Ki Teri Saansein Chalti Jidhar,Rahunga Bas Wahin Umrr Bhar,Rahunga Bas Wahin Umrr Bhar......"

Next Day

_______

Annika is working on her laptop on a college assignment which she will submit tomorrow.On feeling thirsty she takes the glass of water on her table.Still looking at the screen she is about to drink but stops.

Isn't she fasting for Karva Chauth?

She puts aside the glass.Shivaay's words starts playing in her head.Exactly why is she fasting?For her husband Shivaay,of course.Is it so?But....how  blatantly he told her not to keep the fast!What was he thinking that time?

More than that,what is the reality of their relation?Will they put it in cliffhanger mode,always?If Shivaay had been forced to marry her,what he would have done?Would have definitely rejected and dumped her at the first available chance!Men,after all can do anything as per their wish.But in her marriage,she is the one who has and had the upper hand,every time.Divorce is the last of last thing that can happen to this marriage.And it's confirmed by now.

Still,what is the future of her and Shivaay's relation?Without warning,Vasundhara's words comes in her mind-

"....If you can't fulfill their wishes,don't disrespect those at least...."

Did she get ready to keep the fast for that reason?Who and what has compelled her do that?

Annika was so engrossed in her own questions that didn't realize the time lapse.The heavy noise in the hall makes her return to the present.It's time to get ready for the Karva Chauth.She closes the laptop then stands up.Taking a deep breath,she goes out.

Almost Evening

_____________

Oberoi Mansion is being crowded with invited guests for Karva Chauth celebration.Endless talking,gossiping,whispering are going on.Oberois are busy entertaining their guests.Their daughter-in-law,Annika's first function after marriage so they have arranged everything in lavishly grand way.There is no lacking in anything.

Shivaay is searching for Annika but she seems out of reach for him!Getting frustrated,he heads for the terrace.That place is overly crowded comparing to entire Oberoi Mansion.He is about to go away but stops hearing Priyanka's words.She is asking Annika to show the design of her mehandi.

Shivaay's parched eyes finally find his wife,Annika.She has sat on a decorated flowery swing with Pri surrounded by many other girls.All are talking and passing praises.Annika has turned everyone's center of attention and envy at the same time!

Shivaay observes Annika's Karva Chauth get up.She has worn a deep coral red color embroidered tissue gown which has butterfly wings shaped sleeves with matching dupatta and tights.Her feet got covered in red nagra shoes and gold anklets are shining there.Her hairs are parted in the middle and a gold mangtika has occupied the long,straight hairline.Three red roses got settled by the side of her left ear.A gold necklace is shining on her neck and jhumkas in her ears and hands got few gold,plain bangles.Matching lipstick and a small red bindi completed her aesthetic look.

Shivaay watches and admires the beauty of his wife standing behind a water fountain on the terrace.He says in his mind-

"......Lal Pari jaisi lag rahi hai.Drop dead gorgeous....." He sighs.

Some Time Later

-----------------------