The unexpected meet

Chapter 7

After walking for some time.....they felt that they were being watched by someone. Clarke whispered to Hope about it. Hope become conscious.

Before that she was engrossed in her own thoughts....she was thinking about the way she felt when they shared the kiss. She was surprised as it felt so right.....she couldn't remember whether she ever felt something like that with Landon....but couldn't remember....she was feeling something strange that she never ever felt before....not with Landon neither with Roman.
On the other hand Clarke was also undeniably shocked and confused....he never felt something like that in centuries. He was discovering a new feeling altogether. He was sure of something...that he was way too attracted towards Hope....he couldn't fathom why ...but hoped that she felt the same .... The way she clasped his hand he knew that she was also feeling something.
Then out of the blue he heard faint footsteps behind them.....he instantly alerted Hope.

They kept a close eye on their surroundings.....they kept walking but was alert like a snake.

Once they reached near the trees they turned around to see the source of the sound....they just saw a shadowy movement.
Hope then used her magic to create a glowing ball ..... When it started emitting light....Hope saw a familiar monster....the one she killed once.... A shunka....lurking in the shadows figuring whether to attack them or not....
She instructed Clarke to stay behind her ....when she stood there to fight the monster.

She tried to communicate with Clarke but she saw him looking towards a cave

She tried to communicate with Clarke but she saw him looking towards a cave....she instantly understood what was he thinking....like telepathy...Clarke looked at her and said the cave can give us shelter.
Hope told him to run towards it...she will join him after killing the beast. Clarke stood there and was wondering whether he should leave Hope or not.
Frustrated .....Hope said  ... Why aren't you going...I have a plan I need to execute it. Clarke surprised by her words he said then do it what's stopping you anyway.....she glared at him and said it is you that is stopping me to do it....
Confused by the accusation Clarke asked......what super plan are you plotting that my presence is an inconvenience for you...???
Growling lightly .... Hope said that...the monster is Shunka....being a monster researcher you should know about them.... suddenly Clarke struck by a realisation....he said a Shunka only hunts werewolves...and only a werewolf bite can kill it......that means you are going to transform into a wolf to fight it....
Hope smiled sarcastically and said  ... ...that is why you can't be here.... Clarke stupidly said in a smug way....I can handle a little werewolf it's not a big deal.....
Hope being annoyed to the core....bursted out that.....my changing into werewolf plan includes me being naked which is not possible with you standing and staring at me.....you need to turn back when I strip then after my chnge you have to take my clothes and run to the caves I will join you when I kill the beast.
Clarke's eyes widened the moment Hope said the word ..... Naked ..... He started blushing and gulping......and turned his back towards Hope to give her the privacy of stripping down.... muttering a mild ok...and sorry.
Hope just smiled at his reaction and found it immensely cute.

Once she change to her werewolf form.... Clarke took her clothes and ran towards the cave. The Shunka growled loudly seeing a werewolf. Hope decided it was better to lure it off to a distance where Clarke would be out of the danger zone.
She started running.....she could hear the Shunka's heavy steps and loud growls.
When she was sure that Clarke was now at a safe distance she stopped....the Shunka stopped and the jumped towards her.  ..but as she was relatively small she quickly dodged ....after few dodges she was now at the Shunka's back.....she jumped onto its back and sunk her wolfy teeth into its neck..... putting as much as venom she could.
Within seconds the Shunka collapsed into the ground.

Clarke was getting very impatient....he was tensed.....and worried for Hope. He couldn't help but think about her well-being. He could hear the growling noises from afar. Then suddenly it stopped. He started contemplating about what could have happened.....
After the longest 5 minutes wait he saw a familiar wolf walking towards the cave. His joy knew no bounds ..... He rose upto his feet .....
The moment the wolf entered the cave....he jumped onto it and hugged it tight.....but then slipped and fell onto the rocky base of the cave.....with Hope still in his arms.

Not in wolf form.........but.......in her own human form ..... The fall and the enthusiastic hug somehow forced her to change back to her human body.......

Which is something that was totally unintentional and incredibly different...... something new.... for both of them......