LOVE IS NOT A FAIRYTALE ( Part A)

CHAPTER 34

(Note : This will be a long chapter so it is divided in to two parts, a & b)

Both of them were so engrossed in each other's eyes that they didn't even realise that the others left them alone. They were lost in their own worlds. They were so lost that nothing else around them mattered.

Hope was recollecting everything Ryan had said.
From admitting his feelings for her to threatening Landon.
Everything that happened there was playing like a movie in her head. She couldn't believe that he LOVES HER. Ryan freaking Clarke loves her!!!!!!!!
It felt like a dream. A very beautiful, fairy tale-ish dream.

On the other hand, Clarke was wary.
It was his first time, when he felt something so pure for someone.
It was his first time when he admitted out loud about his feelings for his supposed enemy, the one he was determined to kill once.
It was his first time loving someone with such passion and fervor.
He was overwhelmed by the feelings. He didn't know what to do with his feelings now that he said it out loud. He knew this was going to be a difficult and bumpy road for him, to convince his love, Hope, about the truth and sincerity of his love.

Snapping out of the haze, they looked around to find that they're the only ones standing in the middle of the thick forest. Hope groaned, and cursed her friends internally. She knew that they did it on purpose, just to make her talk to Ryan. Lizzie knew how desperate she is to avoid Ryan because she is terrified.

Terrified of her own feelings towards Ryan.

Terrified of the intensity of the feelings she gained for the mud man.
She never ever imagined that she could love someone so much.
She never thought she can bare her heart and soul to someone who was more like her father than she cared to admit.

Yes the saying - girls tend to find a man who has similarities with their father, was true in her case. She indeed found a man who was more or less like Niklaus Mikelson. That terrified her the most.
She just wanted to go and hide in her room. Never come out again. Just to avoid this conversation, she could go to any extent. She was bad at expressing love and emotions just like her father.
She sucked at showing love.

She slowly looked up to see and figure out how could she get out of this mess, but she blushed and looked down to see Clarke already looking at her with such intensity that it sent a shiver down her spine.

Clearing her throat she started speaking,
So, it's done huh???finally!!!  It is over.
But I uh, I want to know something, she was so nervous that she started shaking lightly.

Finally she blurted out, awkwardly,
The things that you said back then, about love, feelings, a-a-are they really true? Do you uh I mean--- uh-hh- do you really feel what you said? Is it really real?? I mean is it truly real?? Like really true??? Uhh OH GOD I am not making any sense now, am I????
Realising she was making a fool of herself she facepalmed and stopped talking.

Clarke smirked and raised his eyebrows. He was not afraid anymore.
He was not afraid to know what the hardheaded girl felt for him.
He could feel it in his bones, in his heart. The blush, stuttering and her way of looking everywhere but him gave him his answer, she indeed felt the same.

He clearly knew about what Hope was talking but he decided to play dumb, and tease and embarrass the blushing girl a bit more. So he gave her a blank questioning look.

Hope was flustered,she said,
The things that you said about feelings uhh- your--ahh y-your feelings. 
About me....
About....uh...a-a-.... about ---us???
That sounded more like a question than a statement.

Clarke was having a lot of fun seeing the almighty,all powerful TRIBRID go red. 
He slightly tilted his head,scratched his head and shook his head he said,
No I don't remember, Hope.
Care to make me remember what are you talking about again?????

Hope glared at Clarke and stormed off. Chuckling at her antics Clarke rushed behind her. Catching up with her he held her wrist and turned her around.
But the view made his heart jump in his chest. It started beating erratically.

The sun was nearly setting. The sunrays illuminated Hope's face in such a manner that it made her face glow. Ryan couldn't speak. He was so lost in her ethereal beauty, the light made her face look softer than usual. It lightened up her bright eyes, her beautiful auburn hair cascaded down her back, reaching her waist. the sunlight made it look much richer and thicker. She looked like an angel, an angel on earth. His angel.
Ryan couldn't talk.
He couldn't breathe.
He couldn't think.
He just stood there looking at Hope, holding her wrist.
Holding thousands of emotions in his eyes and heart.

Hope on the other hand, was no better than him.
The same sun rays fell sideways on Ryan's face making his rugged look more rough yet soft.
His chocolate brown curls were dishevelled, yet somehow it suited him, made his look even more sexier.
His broad shoulders were tensed, his biceps flexed as he thrusted out his hand to hold her wrist.
His abs were prominent through his tight and neatly tucked shirt. He looked like a badass gentleman, if it even makes sense. His eyes were lit with sweetness, excitement, and an unreadable expression.
She couldn't understand what it was, may be surprise? lust? or....can it be love??? Is it even possible??

The moment the thought crossed her mind she pushed it away.She started repeating her matra in her mind.

No Hope. Don't get close to him. You can't. People who you love, have a tendency to die on you. You can't afford to lose Ryan. Even immortal beings find a way to die, what happens when you lose him too? Are you strong enough to endure it?  Can you live with that? No Hope you can't. You can't lose your one epic love. Yes, you love him Hope. You have to push him away in order to let him be happy, in order to let him live.

Tears filled her vision as she blinked to keep her tears in check. She didn't want Ryan to see her vulnerable side, her broken state. She gathered all her courage and strength to push Ryan back, by taking advantage of his lack of alertness. The moment she pushed him off of her she took off running. She could feel her tears flowing like a river, but she didn't stop. She knew if she stopped, she would go running back to Ryan and will never be able to leave him. But she knew she had to. She had to do this to make her love happy, to keep her love safe. People who I love, have a tendency to die on me. I can't afford to lose Ryan, this was etched in her mind, forcing her to run away from the happiness and love that was ready to embrace her. She just kept running.

Ryan stood in the middle of the forest, dumbfounded and engulfed in various thoughts. All the thoughts related to a single name, a single person, Hope Andrea Mikelson.