January 27th, 2015

kayla_bayla arrived at home!

Before the friends really had time to process it, the last few days before school flew by, as did the two weeks following. While it may have been just getting back into their daily routine, it could also be the fact that they had all been spending time around their new redheaded friend. Kayla, especially.

While it had been only about three weeks since the pair had met, they hit it off straight away, and it didn't take long before the brunette girl felt something bubbling within her stomach whenever she was around him. She was never one to gain feelings this quickly, but there was something about Sky that was different; it was refreshing.

But he had to leave soon.

Tomorrow, to be exact.

She didn't want him to leave, and he didn't want to either, but both of them knew that he had to. He had to go back on tour, and get back to work. It seemed as though being in Colorado with the trio was a break away from reality.

Don't get him wrong, Sky loved his job. More than anything. But there was something inside of him that longed to stay with the Monroe girl. To see her smile as she saw him, or hear her laugh when she found something he said funny.

"Earth to Skybelle," A voice drew him from his slight daze and he turned to see the girl he was just thinking about looking at him with a hint of amusement in her eyes.

"I'm sorry," He said, furrowing his brows as he cleared his head. "What we're you saying?"

"Just how Dallas and Parker are jerks for bailing on us," She said as she fiddled with the fuzz on her bedspread.

They had all planned to hang out together for Sky's last day in town, but the two boys had bailed on them last minute, saying they had to finish their science labs. Kayla thought it was a bunch of lies, but she wasn't necessarily complaining. Well, not actually complaining.

She secretly valued the alone time she got to spend with the redhead. When he left, she wasn't sure how things would change between them. The pair had developed a dynamic, a routine, and it would be strange when the boy wasn't here anymore.

"Well," Sky said with a sigh, leaning back against the girl's pillows and nudging her with his foot. "Whatcha wanna do?"

The brunette looked down, fiddling with the wool throw blanket as she thought. Without realizing he was, the older of the two kept his eyes on her, watching as she slightly but her lip in concentration. He didn't know what was running through her head, but there was only one thought running through his.

Her.

Just simply Kayla. He couldn't stop thinking about her, even when she wasn't around. As cliche as it sounds, he had felt this way since he first ran into her, back at the lodge those few weeks ago. It seemed as if fate was acting in their favor when they met again, and the boy couldn't be more grateful for it.

"We could play the Wii," She suddenly looked up with a kiddish smile, her brown eyes sparkling with joy. "I've got some cool games." The seventeen year old seemed to perk up more as she started excitedly snaking the boy's foot. "I have-"

Her words were cut off as she suddenly started coughing, holding a hand up to her chest. Sky quickly sat up in concern, but the girl just held up a finger as she hid her face in the crook of her elbow as she continued to cough.

A few moments passed before she seemed to be alright, lifting her head up and using one hand to clear the tears that had gathered in her eyes.

"Sorry," She said with a soft smile. "Ran out of breath there for a moment."

Despite his worry, the boy smiled back at her. "It's all good. What were you saying, though? Before the whole..." He made a gesture with his hand that indicated her random outburst.

Kayla seemed confused for a moment as she racked her brain before she jumped, remembering. "I have Just Dance," She practically hollered before jumping up from her bed, holding out a hand to the boy.

"Ugh," He playfully groaned, throwing his head back against the headboard. "But your bed is comfy."

"Yes, but..." She reached out and grabbed onto the boy's wrist, lightly tugging him towards the edge of the bed. "I want to see these dance skills you're always bragging about."

Letting out a exaggerated sigh, the boy allowed her to pull him off the bed. It may have seemed like he was getting annoyed of her persistence, but it wasn't.

How could he say no to that smile?