hundred eighty seven

I laughed softly as I shoved my best friend's shoulder, causing him to shove me back. It was Christmas and our closest friends was scattered around the living room of mine and Sky's house. Ironically, the Jersey boys were here too, having flown out and arrived a little past three, after spending time with their own families.

"Alright, children." Parker called out, entering the living room after getting a drink from the kitchen. "Let's give our gifts and get this party started."

Hollers of agreement came from the group and everyone was quick to start passing out their gifts, laughing and joking with one another as they did so.

I smiled as I saw Parker and Isaac joking with one another, along with Georgie. I was glad everyone was getting along, but it was no surprise that they did.

"Merry Christmas, my love." A voice came in my ear, startling me out of my thoughts. Turning my head, I saw my husband sitting at my side, extending a small package towards me with a small smirk.

I gave him an amused look before tearing into the packaging, gasping softly at what I saw. "Oh, baby." I said, tears welling up in my eyes.

Inside was a simple silver chain with a small pendant on the end, with a small snowboard charm. One said of the pendent had the date we met, January 5th, while the other side read 'always Flaherty'.

"Do you like it?" The redhead beside me asked, the nervousness clear in his voice despite the confidence he seemed to wear.

"Of course." I said, turning to face him and placing my free hand on his cheek. "I love it."

Before he could speak again, I leaned forwards and placed my lips against his. The boy immediately responded in kissing me back, resting the hand that wasn't propping him up on my waist.

Hoots and hollers filled the room, reminding the two of us that we were not alone, causing us to pull away. I felt my cheeks redden and my husband chuckled, pressing a kiss to my temple as everyone went back their their gifts.

"And this," I said, picking up a gift next to me and handing it to the boy. "Is for you."

Sky smiled at me before he propped himself against the couch and tore open the wrapping paper, chuckling at the present before glancing up at me. "Seems we had similar ideas."

The redhead pulled out a chain from the small box, a silver dog tag attached to the end. Like his, it had the date we met engraved on one side, along with our wedding date, but the other side read 'my bub' in my handwriting.

"It's amazing." The boy said, looking up at me as he slipped the long chain around his neck. "Just like you."

Neither of us could speak before Adam's voice rang through the room. "Alright, Skylar! Share the girl."

We all chuckled as Parker was quick to hop up and grab a gift from under the tree. "Open mine first."

I rolled my eyes, giggling at the big eyes look he was giving me. "Park, will you ever grow up?"

The blonde rapidly shook his head. "Nope."