hundred thirteen

"Will you stop looking at it?" Sky's voice said from beside me, the humor clear in his voice. The two of us had just left the beach and I could help but stare at the beautiful ring he had gotten me. It was flashy, yet simple; basically, it was perfect.

I rolled my eyes and faces the boy. "I can't help it." It's just so gorgeous."

A chuckle fell from his mouth as he reached his free hand over and grabbed my left one in his right one, the other on the wheel. "Well, I'm glad you like it."

There was silence for a few moments before I peeked up, turning in my seat to face the red haired boy. "Is this what you needed Dallas and Parker for yesterday?"

"Yeah," Sky said with a nod, not looking away from the road. "Yeah, they helped me pick it out."

"And they didn't tell me?" I faked offense, causing the redhead to laugh softly as I leaned back in my seat, crossing my arms over my chest. "Those jerks."

"They're couldn't tell you, bub. It would've ruined the entire proposal."

The car was once again silent for a few moment, the only thing heard was the sound of gravel beneath the tires. After a while, I sighed softly.

"I hate it when you're right."

"Then you must hate me all the time." Sky teased, causing me to giggle and lightly smack his arm.

"Oh, shut up." I said. "You know I love you."

The redhead glanced over at me and nodded. "I know." He said, taking my hand back into his and squeezing it lightly. "Believe me, I know."