hundred ninety one

I stood by Dallas' side as we looked at the tree off in the distance, not able to go out by it because of the fence blocking the field off. But, even just looking at it, I could remember how happy I felt. I had married the man I love. And nothing can beat that feeling.

"Is it weird?" The brunette boy questioned, stuffing his hands into his pockets for warmth.

I turned to look at him with furrowed brows. "Is what weird?"

"Being back here." He clarified. "Not having your dress skirt whipping at the back of your head and actually being able to see the tree."

I giggled slightly, remembering how the cold autumn wind was blowing at our clothes and hair. It made for magical videos, but it wasn't the best when you didn't have a jacket on.

"A little." I admitted, feeling my chest tighten up. "I just wish Sky didn't have to go back so soon. He would've liked to be here."

"Hey, don't do that." He teased, moving to stand in front of me. "Put that frown away."

I giggled softly, unable to help the smile that spread across my face. But as I watched my best friend in front of me, I saw his face dropped to worry, his hands moving to my upper arms.

"Kayla?" He asked worriedly. "Are you alright?"

I furrowed my brows. "Of course. Why wouldn't I be?"

As the words left my mouth, I could feel a warm substance dripping down into my lips. Lifting my hand, I wiped my upper lip, only to pull my hand away and see a familiar, crimson red substance covering my fingertips.

"Kayla?" The brunette asked again, probably seeing how pale I got in the face. My eyes lifted up to meet his before the shock finally washed away, causing me to succumb to the darkness.