hundred fifty eight

My bare feet pattered along the wooden floor as I made my way to the kitchen, where I could hear my mom preparing lunch for the boys and I. It had been two days since Sky showed me our house and we were scheduled to have the moving truck in about an hour, so we were finishing up the last few things from my room.

"Hey momma." I said as I hopped off the last step, causing the woman to turn around and look at me.

"Hey, sweetie." She said with a wide smile before turning back to her cooking. "I hope you lot are hungry."

"Yes," I sighed, earning a laugh from her.

"Well, it'll be done in just a few minutes. Why don't you do gather the hoard."

I giggled and saluted her playfully. "Yes, ma'am."

With that said, I turned and marched back up the stairs. The closer I got to my room, the louder the sound of packing tape unrolling became. I rounded the corner and, much to my surprise, I didn't see them packing.

Instead, I saw them, or I should say Parker and Dallas, trying to tape my fiancé to the bed, where he had fallen asleep about thirty minutes ago.

Shaking my head, I walked into the room. "What are you boys doing?"

Both of them spun around on their heels, the blonde of the two quick to hide the tape roll behind his back. "Nothing." He said with a shrug. "What are you doing, Miss Kayla?"

I gave him a look of disbelief. "Just because my fiancé is a heavy sleeper does not mean you get to prank him."

Parker sighed and tossed the tape roll onto the floor, looking defeated. "Yes, mom."

"Now, come on. My mom had lunch ready."

I didn't need to say anything else for the two eighteen year olds to go darting out the door, their hurried footsteps echoing down the stairs.

Rolling my eyes, I moved over and sat on the edge of my bed. I shook the redhead's shoulder, seeing as he only shifted slightly, still passed out.

"Sky." I said, giving him another nudge. "Skylar. Skybelle." Another nudge. "Sky."

Finally, the boy's eyes fluttered open, as if he had been woken up naturally and not hollered at. A sleepy smile came to his lips and he shut his eyes again. "Morning."

"Afternoon, sunshine." I teased, standing up. "Come on. Mom had lunch ready."

I had made my way to the door before I heard the redhead's confused mumbled behind me. Turning, I saw him with his head lifted up, looking down at his taped down body with furrowed brows.

"Kayla..." He said, confused. "What happened?"