ninety five

[THIRD PERSON POV]

Kayla couldn't help but smile brightly as she watched her boyfriend, along with all her other friends, performing up on the stage. It made her happy seeing the pure joy in all of their eyes.

"Here they come," Ben hollered his line, initiating all of the boys to appear on stage and chills to appear on the brunette girl's arms.

The short thrill she felt was quickly diminished as she felt lightheaded and her chest hurt. Taking a deep breath, she closed her eyes and took a deep breath. The feeling passed and she returned her gaze back to the stage.

Only a few seconds passed before she felt lightheaded again. Her breathing was unintentionally deeper as it felt as though her chest was being lightly pressed on. And the woman beside her seemed to notice.

"Are you alright?" The kind woman whispered, being sure not to disrupt the show.

Kayla nodded absentmindedly. "Yeah. Just a little dizzy." She took another breath before setting her bag on the ground by her feet. "I just need...some air."

"Do you need some help, dear?"

She shook her head. "No, I think I'll be...I'll be fine."

The words were quickly pushed aside when, as soon as the girl rose to her feet, her legs gave out from under her and she was falling to the ground. The woman stood quickly and was kneeling by her side.

Ben, who had saw something out of the corner of his eye, turned his head with furrowed brows, which raised in alarm when he saw the scene just in front of the stage.

"Stop!" He hollered, his voice barely heard through the singing. The young boy rushed over and was waving frantically at the band. "Stop the music! Stop!"

The music slowly died down and all the action on the stage had ceased, all the actors turning to the sixteen year old with curious gazes. But the blonde wasn't looking at them.

"Sky!" He called up the towers, seeing the redhead holding a stack of prop paper near the stairs. "Sky, it's Kayla!"

Nothing more needed to be said before all of the boys hurried to action, but none quicker than the redhead. His heart and head pounded as he shoved his way past his friends, taking the steps three at a time.

The boy's feet carried him right to the edge of the stage, where a few boys were already gathered, before he hopped off and onto the ground floor. Ignoring the dull ache in his ankles, he knelt by his girlfriend's side, seeing her closed eyes.

"Kayla?" He asked loudly over the murmurs of the now curious audience. "Kayla, can you here me?" The boy had placed his hand on her cheek, patting it gently. "Baby, say something."

The girl didn't say anything or even move, but the gentle rising and falling of her chest assured the redhead that the girl was indeed still alive. He sighed slightly but none of his worry went away.

He lifted his head up to look at his friends. "Call an ambulance! One of you, please!"

The first to grab their phone was Maria, who was waiting backstage for her cue with her phone in hand. In an instant, she was by the boys' sides with the phone pressed to her ear. "We need an ambulance. Right now."

Sky, knowing that was being taken care of, turned back to his girlfriend. The girl was still passed out in his arms. "You're going to be okay." He whispered, pulling her closer to him. "You're going to be okay."