sixty five

After putting Milo in his little carrier that we brought, I made my way to the front row of the slowly filling theater, seeing my friends already sitting there, an empty seat between Dallas and Ryan.

"Hey girlie." Parker said happily, looking up from his playbill to smile at me. His eyes wandered down to the small carrier I had in my hand. "Hi Milo."

I smiled and set the bag on the floor next to my seat, putting my backpack beside it. "Hi everyone." As I sat down, I felt a small pain in my stomach, but I didn't think anything of it; my chemo has been messing with me lately.

"Are you excited to see your man up there, KayKay?" Georgie asked from her place on the other side of Ryan.

"I always am." I told her with a smile. "And I'm going to be seeing it a lot more now."

"What are you talking about?" Dallas asked curiously.

I looked around to see everyone looking at me before I sighed, smiling bigger. "I'm going them on tour."

"What?" They all said in unison, earning looks from the people around us, but a laugh from me.

"When?" Ryan asked.

"After graduation. Probably sometime the week following."

Tyler seemed shocked by my answer. "Wow, so soon? You just got back."

"Like a month ago." I reminded him with a small laugh. "Guys, this is a good opportunity for me. You know, make the most out of my life. Travel, see places."

"Fair enough." Ryan agreed with a small nod.

Before anyone else could say anything, the interlude was heard playing throughout the theater, signaling the start of the show, as the lights dimmed down.