hundred one

After being released later that same evening, with instruction to continue my chemo and three new medications on top of it, I was released back into the real world. Though it didn't feel the same. Nothing really did.

Sky held my hand as we walked out of the building and into the humid parking garage, searching curiously though the cars. Melissa was supposedly parked somewhere with Ben and Josh, but we weren't quite sure where.

The two of us were silent as we walked, neither of us really knowing what to say. Especially after what we had just found out. Despite his silence, however, I could tell the boy was scared; scared of what was to come.

"Sky..." I said softly, stopping in my tracks. My hand kept clamped onto his, causing him to be pulled back. Despite us just standing there, he didn't look at me; keeping his eyes on the ground. "Skylar, look at me."

The boy hesitated for a moment before he slowed lifted his chocolate colored eyes to mine. As soon as they did, tears started welling in his eyes, and he made no attempt to stop them. Seeing him like this caused my own tears to show.

"Bub..." My voice cracked softly as I stepped forwards and wrapped my arms around my boyfriend, hugging him as tight as I could muster. It wasn't long before he didn't the same in return, burying his face into the crook of my neck.

I'm not sure how long we stood there, just being in one another's embrace, but I didn't want to leave. Not when I could hear the soft sniffles of my boyfriend as he clung to me.

"I love you so much." He lifted his head up and whispered into my ear, his voice breaking softly.

A small, sad smile came to my face. "I love you so much more."

Just moments after, footsteps were heard coming towards us. The two of us broke apart and saw Ben cautiously approaching, stopping a few feet away. "I was coming to get you guys..." He said softly.

"We're coming." Sky replied, wiping his face and taking my hand once more. He shot me a small smile and squeezed my hand before following our friend.