forty nine

I sighed softly in content as I looked down at my boyfriend's hand, myself playing with his fingers. My head was resting against his shoulder as the redhead looked out the window, watching as the cars passed by.

Sky turned his head to look at me, though I didn't lift my eyes from his hand. "You've been pretty quiet." He said softly, seeing as the bus was basically silent, with the exception of a couple boys talking to one another. "You alright, bubby?"

I nodded slowly, lifting my head and finally meeting the boy's eyes. "Yeah. I'm just thinking."

"About what?" When I didn't answer, he moved his hand so it was holding my smaller one gently, his thumb occasionally swiping over the back of my palm. "You can talk to me. You know that."

Once again, I nodded. Taking a deep breath, I looked down at our hands. "I have an appointment on Monday." I explained to him with a small shrug. "I'm just nervous about it, I guess."

"An appointment? For what?"

My heart skipped a beat as I looked into my boyfriend's concerned eyes, not knowing what I should say. On the one hand, I know I should tell him the truth, but at the same time, I didn't want to worry him. Especially if nothing is wrong.

Deep down, however, I knew that wasn't the case.

I gave the boy a small smile. "It's just a check up. Nothing to worry about."

Sky just gave me a small smile in return, squeezing my hand gently before he leaned forwards, pressing a quick kiss to my forehead. I felt my cheeks heat up at the action. No matter how many times he kisses me, I will never get used to it.

"You seem tired." The redhead said softly. A yawn passed through my lips, causing the boy to chuckle lightly. "Get some rest, Kay."

I nodded slowly and curled up against Sky's side. My legs were draped across his lap as he wrapped an arm around me, my head resting on his shoulder. With a small smile on my face, I felt myself drift off.