ninety seven

I sat by myself for a few minutes, looking curiously around the room, before the door opened slowly. The first person I saw was Ben, who peeled his head around the doorframe.

"Kayla!" He exclaimed a little too loudly. I quickly shushed him and nodded over to Sky, causing the sixteen year old to give a guilty look. "Sorry." He said in a whisper.

As he stepped in, making his way towards one of the chairs, Josh, Nick, and Chaz all slipped inside, shutting the door quietly. Josh was the first one over to me, wrapping his arms carefully around my smaller form.

"How ya feelin'?" He asked in a hushed tone before pulling away, sitting down on the edge of my bed.

I shrugged. "I feel fine, honestly." A small smile rested on my face. "Just a little sleepy."

"Do they know what happened yet?" Chaz was the next one to speak.

"They're still doing tests."

The room feel silent again, only the light snores of my boyfriend being heard, causing us to laugh softly. How this boy hasn't woken up yet truly amazes me.

"He was worried about you." Chaz said again. "We all were." His comment earned nods or agreement from the other boys.

"I'm sorry I scared you guys." My tone was sincere as I looked to each of the boys. "I didn't mean to ruin the show."

"Hey," Nick said from his place beside me, resting a hand on my shoulder. "You didn't ruin the show. We just want to know you're okay."

I smiled and nodded. "I am."

Only a moment later, a soft groan was heard. We all looked over to see Sky stretching slightly, scrunching his face up as he opened his eyes. As he lifted his head, he seemed confused why all the boys were in here before his eyes trailed over to me and his confused look turned to one of relief.

"Kayla." He sighed out, quickly standing up and wrapping his arms carefully around me. I laughed softly as he held me to him. "I was so worried."

"I'm fine, bub." I reassured him as the redhead pulled way and cupped my face in his hands. A small smile sat on my face. "I promise."

He shook his head with a sigh and placed a short kiss on my lips before resting his forehead on mine. "Please, never do that again. You hear me?"

I nodded slightly. "I'll try not to." I teased, earning small laughs from the newsies.