thirty nine

The entirety of the show, I couldn't keep the smile off my face. My eyes were mostly trained on Sky whenever he was on the stage; it just made me happy to see him up there, doing what he loved.

After the show, Dallas, Parker, and myself went out to the stage door, where there was already a pretty long line of fans waiting. A gentle breeze went by and I mentally swore to myself for not bringing a jacket, hugging my arms.

It wasn't very long after we got there that I heard the fans started yelling excitedly, meaning the boys had come out. When I looked over, I saw it was Sky, JP, Nico, and Nick.

My eyes were stuck to my red haired boyfriend as he smiled and signed people's playbills, giving a genuinely big smile as he sped for pictures. His eyes met mine from a few people down, and his smile seemed to grow.

"Kayla!" A voice said from in front of me. Turning away from Sky, I smiled when I saw Ben standing there.

"Hey, Benji." I said happily as he leaned over the railing, hugging me.

"So, did you like the show?" Before I could answer, his eyes trailed down to my arm. "No jacket? Uh oh, Sky's gonna be mad."

I rolled my eyes at his antics. "I loved it, thanks for asking. And he's not gonna be mad."

"Who's not gonna be mad?" The boy in question said as he joined me and his friend. I couldn't answer before his brows furrowed and he looked at me. "Where's your coat?"

I shrugged. "Forgot one."

In an instant, Sky was shrugging off his jacket and handing it to me, leaving him in a black, long sleeved shirt. I gave him a look and he gave me one in return.

"I'm not leaving this spot until you take the jacket, Kayla." The boy said sternly, though he had a teasing smile on his face.

I ignored the stares of the fans around us, my cheeks heating up as I took the jacket from his outstretched hand. As I shrugged it on, I instantly felt better, and Sky noticed, his smile growing bigger.

"See?" He said. "That wasn't so hard."

I rolled my eyes. "Oh, shut up."

Sky laughed softly. "Hey, I gotta get going. I'll meet you in the lobby, yeah?" When I nodded, the boy smiled and leaned forwards, pressing a kiss to my forehead, earning sounds of admiration from the girls around us.

I watched as the boy walked away before turning to the two boys that stood behind me, both of whom were oddly quiet, but had identical smiles stretched on their lips.

"What?" I asked, my smile dropping slightly.

"Nothing." Parker said, slinging an arm over my shoulder as he led us out of the line. "Nothing at all."