twenty five

"Can you stop bouncing your leg?" Dallas whined. "For the love of all things good, chill out. It's gonna be okay, girl."

I rolled my eyes at his antics, but did as he asked and stopped the action I had been doing for the past fourty five minutes we've been stuck in the car. Since my phone died, I hadn't been able to message Sky, which was making me more anxious and excited than I already was.

"He's right, Kay." Parker said as he nudged me into Dallas, who nudged me back to the other boy. This caused them to just keep pushing me back and forth, causing my head to spin.

"Tell me again why I wanted to sit between you two?" I groaned as I smacked both of them to stop.

"Because you love us." The blonde boy said as he rested his head on my shoulder and looked up at me with puppy dog eyes.

"You're lucky I do." I muttered and turned my gaze away from him to look back at the GPS that I had been staring at for the past almost hour; it said we only had five minutes left.

"So, you excited to see lover boy?" Dallas teased me when the car fell silent.

"He has a name, Texas." I said.

He furrowed his brows. "Yeah, and so do I."

We all laughed, including Melissa, who I saw crack a small smile in the rear view mirror. "He hasn't stopped talking about you, y'know." The girl said. "I think he's talked Chaz's ear off."

I giggled lightly, feeling the faint blush come to my cheeks. "Really?"

"Really."

We weren't in the car for very much longer after that before Melissa pulled the car into a hotel parking lot, the large tour bus with the Newsies' name and logo on the side of it making my heart skip a beat.

"I'm not sure if the boys are back from rehearsals yet." The girl said as she turned off the engine. "I don't think they would be."

While I did feel kind of upset I wouldn't see the boy right away, I nodded and started to gather my things, as did the boys.

We all hoped out of the car and Melissa opened the trunk, allowing us to get our suitcases out. The boys both messed around as we made our way into the hotel lobby, which was basically deserted, with the exception of the lady standing behind the counter.

"Huh." I heard Melissa say. "Maybe they aren't at-"

Before she could continue, I felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist from behind before I was lifted into the air and spun around. My eyes were wide as I gasped in surprise, my body stuff in shock. I thought it was Dallas or Parker, but when I saw them standing by Melissa with sly smiles, I knew there was only one other person it could be.

My suspicions were confirmed when my feet hit the ground and someone spoke softly into my ear. "Miss me?"

I whipped around and instantly embraced Sky with a wide smile on my face, the boy laughed as he hugged me back. My arms were wrapped around his shoulder as he had his around my waist, our bodies pressed tightly against one another.

"Of course I miss you." I said softly into the boy's shoulder, savoring this moment; the first of many to come.