FOUR

Royalty's POV

I get to Antoine's office and knock on the door. "Come in."

"Morning, Antoine here are the papers you needed me to sign." I take out the papers and put them on the table, as I slowly push them closer to him.

"Thank you Royalty, Ain't you too early?" He raises his brow.

"Well, I just wanted to start early." I smile at him. The door opens and I see a tall figured man. He was blonde, with green eyes.

"Uh Scott, this the new therapist." He stands there with a straight face and nods.

"Royalty, this is your guard. He will ne standing outside your office." I thank him and leave with Scott at my new office.

I remembered I didn't have my breakfast. I sit at the desk and take out my pancakes. It was not nice to eat alone when Scott was standing at the door. I call him to come inside.

"Yeah?"

"Would like a muffin and some coffee." I look at him, you could see he was doubting himself.

"Relax, I'm not going to start in another 40 minutes." He nods and slides his AK47 on the his left side.

"Thanks, I didn't get time to eat this morning. I didn't have time." He said as he sat across me.

"Well you'll be my guard, and you going to be standing there doing nothing. So I need you to eat." I softly giggle and he just smiles.

"So how old are you Scott?" I ask trying to make conversation.

"28!" He answers casually stuffing a piece of muffin in his mouth.

"You have a girlfriend?" I look at his left hand and see a ring on his finger.

"Yeah, I have a wife and two kids." He replies sipping his coffee.

"Wow, but why are you working as a prison guard?"

"I had no choice, I had to provide for my family. It was hard finding a job in the city and my wife was pregnant with my second child." It was kinda sad hearing that from him.

"I'm sorry to hear that, I don't have kids so I don't know how it feels." I said sympathetically.

"It's ok, I love my wife and kids and I'd do anything for them." He said with a half smile. It was very sweet, I wish to meet a man like him, Who'd do anything for his family.

"Thank you for breakfast, but I have to get back to work or sergeant Antoine will have my head." He stood up from the chair and threw the paper cup in the small bin. I nod and dismiss him. I finish up my pancakes alone as I think how this day will go.

A few minutes later Antoine walks in, with a orange file with him.

"Here this is the file of your first patient, go through it and we'll bring him in five minutes." He throws the file on my desk and he leaves immediately. I open the file and find a picture, with his information.

NAME: Ricardo

NAME: Ricardo

SURNAME: Suárez

DATE OF BIRTH: 14/02/1989

AGE: 31 SEX: MALE

CHARGE: ABUSE

SENTENCE: 25 YEARS IN PRISON

CASE: 16/04/2011

VICTIM ALAINE JOHNSON FOUND BEATEN UP AT HOME, FOUND BY HER NEIGHBOR.

VICTIM WAS BADLY BEATEN UP, BRUISES ALL OVER HER BODY. BROKEN RIBS AND A FRACTURED SPIN.

VICTIM STILL ALIVE AND IN HOSPITAL RECOVERING.

Ok! This man is probably has anger issues, might had trauma at a young age, probably abusive parents. They are so many reasons, now just have to find the reason why he did it. They should have just made him go to psychopathic hospital. Ok, but it's not my place to judge.

I hear footsteps, I figured that was my first patient Ricardo. A guard walks in with him. He's hands and feet were chained. I ask the guard to unchain him, but he looked at me with wide eyes. I just give him a nod and he ends up being unclaimed. After the guard leaves, I grab my pink fluffy pen and my note book.

"Huh, they brought me a girl to fuck." He said in a cocky tone and smirks. I roll my eyes and ignore his comment. I walk to the small sofa and sit down.

"Ricardo, Please make yourself comfortable, we only have two hours," I ask him and he sits on the sofa."I want you to feel safe to open up to me, don't worry about anything this is a safe space."

"So you probably know why I'm here." He scoffs and rolls his eyes.

"This the only place you can be able to open up and not bottle up your feelings, prison is not a place for soft people. So this is your only chance you can be yourself and you only have 2 hours."

"Look I'm not here to judge you Ricardo, I'm here to make you feel free, I know it's hard to open up to a stranger but it's the only option you have. I want when you leave prison, you'll realize your mistake and learn to let go."

"Easy for you to say." I could be barley hear that but I heard every word.

"Trust me, nothing will leave this room." I try to calm him down.

It took a while for Ricardo to open up, but in the end, he ended up talking. He told me about his past and impulsive behavior. Apparently Ricardo had an drunken father who would abuse him and his mother.

"Ok this how it will go Ricardo, you will have to learn to forget about your past and try to forgive your father."

"I will never forgive what that bastard did to me and my mother." I could see Ricardo had a hard time letting go of his past.

"This is the problem, the anger you have towards your father is blinding you, and the more you bottle it up, the more of your abuses will happen."

"Time is up." I hear a banging on the door. A guard walks in and chains him up. I sigh as i watch them both leave. Poor guy!

Vote. Comment. Share