THIRTEEN

Royalty's POV

I storm in Antoine's office demanding answers for this. What the hell is happening in this prison. What should ask ask myself is what did I get myself into. It's really annoying to be in between this, especially when you don't know what's going on.

"What the hell is happening here Antoine?" I ask entering his office and shouting the door behind me. He doesn't say anything and just stared at me.

"You going to have to understand Royalty. Rodriguez is a dangerous man and he is bound to stay locked up like a caged animal." He said releasing a patronizing sigh.

"So what does this have to do with me." I ask him. I didn't want to be in the middle of their feud and they was something going on between them, which now they making it personal for me.

"I want you to make him confess to his sins, everything single bad he did. Everything it can take to make him talk," He explains. "I'll vouch for you and I promise you won't lose your job."

"You know this is really unfair on him also. Why do you want to take away his freedom? Not everybody deserves this life." I mutter. He glances at me and doesn't say a word. I bet he was thinking I am crazy.

I sigh. "Give me time to think about this."

I stand up and leave the office. My time was up anyway it was time to go home. All I do is work and go home. I don't have my free time anymore. As I enter the car my phone rings. I search my bag to check and see my mom's name popping on the caller ID.

"Hi mom." I said.

"Hi baby, I hope I'm not disturbing, but I want you to come home today. We having dinner with papa Javier today. I want you to be home by 7:30."

"Sure mom." I hung up and let out a heavy sigh.

It was better for me to just go straight to my parents house. I'll just freshen up when I get there and where a few clothes I left in case something like this could happened. As I pull up at my parents house. I sigh exhausted, I'm hoping this night would take my mind off everything.

I open the door and walk in. "Mom, dad?"

"We in here sweetheart." My dad said from the kitchen. I smile walking in to see my mom cooking and my dad reading the newspaper. Of course that's he does.

"I'm going to freshen up before papa Javier gets here." I said and walk upstairs to my old room.

After 30 minutes of getting ready. I finally get downstairs to hear people laughing. I see my grandfather sitting and talking to my parents.

"Hola abuelo." I greet papa Javier. I didn't speak much Spanish but I knew a few words.

"Hola Hermosa, comó estas?" He said as he hugs me.

"Muy bien." I said giving him my biggest smile. Papa Javier was the best to he honest. I'll always be his little granddaughter to him.

"Where's mama Natalie, papa Javier?"

"She went to back to Colombia. One of her relatives is sick." I nod giving him a sad smile.

"Dinner is ready." My mother said as we all went to the dinning room.

"So I've heard you got a new job Hermosa." Papa Javier said as he take a bite to his food.

"Sí." I reply.

"So where do work at?" I froze at his question. I turn to my father and he just stared at me.

"I work at Penitentiary prison." I mutter hoping he didn't catch that.

"What?"

"Don't start father." My dad said.

"No hijo. Why didn't you tell me she's surrounded by dangerous men." He said and paused to take a deep breath. "You suppose to be protecting her hijo, not letting her go work around dangerous people."

"Come on abuelo. I'm fine really. I'm protected and I guarantee I'm safe." I said to him. He looks at me with concern, I know he's just worried about me but I'll be fine.

"Fine, I'll let this side for now, but if anything happens to you. I'll kill them with my bare hands." I said raising his fist and I laugh.

"Gracias abuelo." I smile and we all continue our dinner.

                                  +++

I walk inside the apartment. It was  already midnight. After the dinner I went to a bar just to have a few couple of drinks. My job was stressing me, by tomorrow I will have to give Antoine my answer. I walk past summer's room when I hear someone moaning.

"Yes baby, just like that." I hear Summer moaning. I sigh worried about Adrianna. I hope she didn't see her mom like this. I walk to her room to see her sleeping. I walk in her room and pick her up taking her to my room and laying her down on my bed.

I know I have no right, but Summer cannot do that to a child, bringing men whenever she wants. I wear my pyjamas and lay beside Adrianna cuddling her next me. I just had a sense of feeling to protect her and let nothing happened to her. It's just a strange feeling to turn into a mama bear when I didn't even a have a kid of my own.

Things must be tough on Summer now. She doesn't want to tell me anything about her life, I understand she grew up in a rough state. It's tough for people to trust and able to open up but in the end it will help them for their own benefit.

I sigh as I think about what will happened tomorrow. I know she will be mad, but she wasn't being responsible. She knows she's suppose to be protecting her daughter but if she continues like this, I didn't want to be the bad guy here.

Vote. Comment. Share